More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by snowwhite snowwhite

"I know it’s scary, but…"

"You're strong enough to face this."

"You're the strongest girl I know," you whisper into her ear. "You can do whatever you set your mind to, and if that's ruling this kingdom, then no one could do better."

You're not sure why those are the first words that leap to your lips. This is your chance to take advantage of the situation, but...you can't do it. For some reason, you can't find it in you to turn things around on the princess you've served all your life. And even as you encourage her to take her destiny into her own hands, there's a little fluttering in your heart as if you're letting destiny slip out of your own.

And...you kind of like it?

You sense a stiffening of resolve as her back straightens a little, her tears drying as she takes your hands and looks you in the eyes. Hers are wide and trusting. "Do...do you really mean it?"

"Of course," you reassure her. "Ever since I've known you, I always knew you were destined for great things."

Rosalia nods, the golden crown on her head bobbing as she takes what you've told her to heart. "You're right...you're right, of course. This is what I've been preparing for all my life. I must do well now, musn't I?"

Her spirits continue to lift all the way through the evening as you ready her for bed. She gains a new boost of confidence that she hadn't had before, and you have to admit it looks good on her, even without all the finery and jewels. Rosalia gives you a smile that's pushing friendly and almost intimate as you put out the candles. "Good night, Freya. I'll see you in the morning."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)