More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 11 by razorswift razorswift

Training montage !

Actually... [Razorswift]

TheDespaxas here!
This is a branch from a new guest author Razorswift, I have read ahead with my story owner's powers and it looks very interesting. As usual with alternate branches, concepts, mechanisms and characters may vary from the original branch.
Good reading, have fun.

As a of habit, John put the backpack on his back, seconds before realizing his error. With his new inventory, he would never have to carry anything ever again. He just had to check that no one saw him. With that thought in mind, he went to a bench near the exit of the school and started meditating there while concentrating on that weird feeling you get when you know someone is watching you. He concentrated on that sixth sense, imagined the area around him and tried to feel that feeling from somewhere around him.

And his Meditation paid off:

Detect

That was pretty much what he expected. He was glad that he seemingly knew how his meditation worked!

Learn

That, on the other hand, he didn't expect. An Achievement for learning a new skill? That's kinda weird, but hey, gift horse and such. But what was up with that strange comment on the Achievement? Was somebody writing those? Does his menu have sentience? He would think about that later, for now, he had some training to get to.

So he got off from the bench, rounded the corner outside of the school and let his backpack disappear when he was certain no one saw him thanks to his new Detection skill. He still made sure to actually look if someone would see him, but thankfully no one even noticed him... The perks of low Charisma, probably...

While on his way to the Park, John was lost in his thoughts about his new Ability and all the possibilities it gave him. Would he be able to learn everything? How many skills could he get by just doing mundane and normal things? He had his Masturbation skill, so that meant there were some pretty normal things he could learn.

On the other hand, he had things like his Biomancy skill, which was pretty out of this world. That would imply that he had a lot of range to experiment with to see what would trigger a new ability... Also, he got the Biomancy from a book. Since it was a biology book that went into detail about the human body, it was very specific. Could he use other books that were similarly specific about their subject? Or could he use books that had nothing to do with the real world? Could he use something like a Star Wars novel to learn to use the ? He had so many things he had to try with that... Maybe pick up a Spider-Man comic and get spider powers with it? He had to try that one at the game shop later...

But first, he would try to see how well he could improve his body with his new ability...

His thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of slight resistance against his skin and a sudden shift in scenery. The scene before him more resembled a battlefield than an alley. The street was broader than before, the markings on the road looked way older than before and the whole street looked like it was ripped apart by a giant. The sides of the street were cracked upwards and gave them the distinct look of cover someone created through sheer strength... abnormal monstrous strength.
The street ahead of him was empty, but John was pretty sure he could hear noises around the corner that sounded like a medieval war documentary in terms of steel clanging and screams.

That image of war was only strengthened by the Pop-up before him

Battle

What the hell was this?

Let's get ready to rumble!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)