More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by darkwindofchaos darkwindofchaos

the bathroom? what's next - sliced bread?!

nope, just a straight edge razor, and a very carefully shaving hero

Eyeing himself in the mirror, it came to mind that you?d never have guessed that only a year and a half prior, he was close to three hundred pounds. As it was, he stood tall at six foot two inches, barrel chested and broad of shoulder, so he carried the weight better than most, but losing sixty pounds was probably the best thing that ever happened to him. he had toned his body over the course of the last year; swimming and biking in the summer, high rep low weight weight-lifting in the winter, and had developed a substantial physique. He was certainly not one of those long haired tarzan looking blonde guys you find on the cover of a Danielle steele novel ? he was a hairy sort of guy, and the best comparison you can think of for physical description was that he looked a bit like a young hugh jackman in the role of wolverine, although his face was his own. However, when it came to cosmetic hygiene, he suppose he left something to be desired. Okay, so you might even say with the beard he had acquired during the winter, he was a regular mountain man. And so, the task began. Out came the razor ? a straight edge; ever since he had seen Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of fleet street at the New York Opera, he had been determined to shave with one. Although it was perhaps not the greatest decision ever made (he cut himself more times than should be considered a survivable amount if cut that many times at a clip), but he had since mastered it. When he had finished, he touched up what remained of his beard with an electric trimmer ? he had decided on a van dyke style goatee. he grinned at himself in the mirror in that way that most people who are pleased by their appearance would ? somewhat goofy, but nevertheless a pleasant sight.

And so, he exited the bathroom, went to his computer, and sat down again, with the intent of looking for something to do for the day. he lived in a small studio apartment situated over a mexican restaurant in Poughkeepsie. That probably doesn?t sound like everyone?s cup of tea, but since he spoke a good deal of Spanish, it suited him fine. he had struck a deal with the owner, and he waited tables there on weekends while going to school at Vassar college during the week, meanwhile, he taught as much English as he could to his coworkers, and, being a talented artisinal craft carpenter, he was able to do repairs on the building, which for the most part paid his rent in and of itself. So, as I said, he had sat down at his computer to look for something to do. he first checked his schedule, and took note of the fact that he did not work until around six that night. Next, he checked his college calendar, and noticed that he had two weeks off coming up in three days time, and thought dismally how nice it would be to travel to the Caribbean for the holiday. Ah, to have money, and alas, he did not. With this depressing thought, he promptly gave up searching for something to do, and decided to do something instead ? so he went for a walk.

walking, penniless through poughkeepsie

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)