More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by darkwindofchaos darkwindofchaos

walking, penniless through poughkeepsie

a stroke of luck, or perhaps destiny

As I have previously stated, it was quite windy out when he had gazed out his window earlier, and that hadn’t changed much in the half an hour it took him to shave and sit back down at his desk. In fact, as he stepped outside, he was hit by such a profoundly powerful gust of air that he nearly thought to turn back. Have you ever had one of those moments where something that feels like destiny in the back of your mind tells you to do something you would normally think better of, and you do it? Well, today was one of those days. he stepped onto the sidewalk, and was promptly almost hit by a car. As the driver swerved out of the way into oncoming traffic, and almost caused a rather severe accident, something blew into John’s face as he dove for cover. Recovering from the shock of the near loss trauma, he got up, and spotted the object that had struck him. it appeared to be a scratch off lottery ticket. he turned back to the accident, and decided that the ticket should wait. he instead went directly to see how the driver was. thankfully, he had struck a fire hydrant, and no harm was done to anyone else, but when John went to check his pulse, he was far less thankful for the man’s condition. The airbag in the car had gone off, and he had been wearing a seat belt, and he had only struck the hydrant at thirty miles an hour, and on the passenger’s side at that, but he had no pulse. John immediately called 911.

Later that night, after he had filed a police report, it began to rain cats, dogs and iguanas, and he was **** to remain inside. ‘So much for my afternoon’ he thought. Apparently the man who drove the car into the hydrant had died of a heart attack before he had even crashed the car, and what’s more, as he would learn from the police, he had done so shortly after burning a cross on someone’s lawn, so as far as John was concerned, good riddance to him. he spent the night providing excellent service to the various patrons of the restaurant, and never once thought about the lotto ticket that had nearly knocked him over. It was only when he went out for some fresh air at the end of the night, as the rain began to let up, that he noticed something small and orange-yellow caught under the wooden staircase that led into the building. Normally such a thing wouldn’t phase him, or even cause him reason to investigate, but the chime of fate struck a chord in him once more, and he bent down, to discover the scratch off from earlier – it had found shelter beneath the staircase, and was totally undamaged by the rain. It was here that he did a double take. It was one of the new york lottery five dollar win 2000 a week for life tickets, and lo and behold, he had found his chance to go to the Caribbean for the holiday. Within a day, he had cashed the ticket, gotten his first $2000, and booked a trip for a two week stay in montego bay, Jamaica. Ah, to have money.

jamaica? lucky bastard.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)