More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 11 by neo_kenka neo_kenka

Training montage !

A Fae Encounter [neo_kenka]

Hi, TheDespaxas here!
The following branch is from guest author neo_kenka , its storyline, characters and mechanisms might differ slightly from the main storyline but it is very good (I've read the drafts in advance ^^) , so enjoy! And good reading!

John shoved his school bag back into his inventory, taking note of the potential that bags would allow him: the backpack was six slots, and the wallet two, but the former was certainly holding more items than its size would suggest. He made a mental note to seek more bags to expand his inventory, and was on the sidewalk in front of the school when he checked his inventory for what Frank was "carrying"... and what he found nearly toppled him into the street.

Boy tamer: special item. This six inches long candy pink butt plug ends with a sparkly jewel. The wearer has +50% chance of accepting request from the person putting it in them.

That certainly explained a few things about his relationship with Vanessa. The prospect of cleaning this new equipment made John nearly gag, but it was clearly too useful to toss. How people kept a straight face when their panties vanished was one mystery he credited to plain ol' magic, but the fact that Frank didn't even react to the butt plug vanishing... With a horrifying realization, John realized Frank might've been so... experienced with Vanessa that he doesn't even notice it anymore. Sighing at the thought, John made his way to the park and, upon finding a secluded bench, contemplated his textbooks, one after the other. Biomancy was a potent ability, and plenty useful... but if he's going to survive things like Frank's ire, or get any progress with the gorgeous girls of Ashcroft Academy, he'd need to change their hearts... or at least their minds.

John looked at one of the last texts in his possession. How innocent this elective choice had seemed before he needed it now...

Learn Psychology 101?
YES NO

John offered a silent prayer to hope the psychology professor would buy his story about the book he was destroying... and clicked YES. This time, he kept the book open to watch, and sure enough the texts and photo of Sigmund Freud on the page he had opened vanished, the picture slowly fading and the text un-typing itself line by line, in reverse. A moment later, the book was blank.

New skill: Telemancy lvl 1, passive.
Telemancy: magic type related to mind.
+10 mp
+5% to positive effects on mp
-5% to negative effects on mp
+5% mp regen
Increased chance to unlock Telemancy skills through spending mp.

Nice! With Biomancy's boost on meditating, he already had a skill loop to ! As with Biomancy, another notification popped up for his first Telemancy skill.

New skill: Augment emotion lvl1, 35 mp
Augment emotion: reinforce permanently by 5% a mental construct or emotion of the mind targeted. Limit of 5% x (skill lvl+1). Cannot be used in combat.

Solid! With this on his side, every gain with Miss Summers could get a well-deserved bump. Eager to test it out, John looked past the park boundaries towards the bus stop, where a few stray students waited for the next pick-up. Eagerly he walked over and observed the backs of each of their heads, taking heed of the only two that had any relationship for him at all:

Beatrice Charters
Student lvl3
for love.
Relationship: +10

Paul Kaplowitz
Student lvl4
Violent friend of Frank.
Relationship: -94

Whoa now, maybe John should make sure this works right... and so he targeted Beatrice, a slightly chubby girl in a conservative dress. He held in his mind that sad descriptor of hers and tried to raise her "awareness" of him as a person who could love her. With that held in his thoughts, he casted augment emotion on the poor girl. The mana cost was intense, but sure enough her relationship ticked up by a single point, or 10% as expected... and then she turned to regard him, her eyebrows raised when she spotted him staring at her intently. The relationship meter flew up to +45, and John quickly averted his gaze to avoid suspicion. Clearly, emotions were going to prove more complicated than bodies. So what about this potential bully, Paul? John used most of his remaining mana and casted augment emotion once more, now targeting his opinion of John... which should have brought that relationship value up, only Paul dipped into a -98. Crap, did he just make Paul slightly jealous? John swallowed hard and decided he'd need to be more careful from now on.

Exhausted in mana, but no longer comfortable staying this close to love and , John retreated from the park to find his way to a nearby greasy-spoon diner called The Cuck Factory (famous for their chicken since 1952, though surely they couldn't have known how poorly that name would age). Now loaded with cash, John ordered a snack of fries and a soda to sip while he meditated, eager as he was to continue expanding his skills. Thanks perhaps to telemancy, he managed to get most of his mana back in less than an hour. Finished meditating, he opened his eyes... and the world was... different, somehow. John looked down at his soda and tapped the straw, noticing that while it moves, the liquid inside almost seems to... slosh slowly, instead of splashing. No, John realized, its more like it was stuck in slow motion! He stumbled out of his bench, confused and wild-eyed, and found the diner was devoid of human life. Even the cars outside, though they appeared to be in motion at some point, were now traveling as if through molasses, and without drivers no less.

"Alright, fuck-boy, time to get lucky!"

"What-" John doesn't have a chance to dodge or ask questions: a dart of blue light zaps him on the shoulder, earning a gasp of pain and spinning him about to find his attacker-

John nearly stumbled over again when he observed what was, as far as all the high fantasy fiction a youth could feed him could identify, a fairy.

Fae daemonica, lvl4 creature.
90/90hp
This tiny fairy has been corrupted by demonic energy. She is agile and mean-spirited, and has low-level magical powers.

A Tinkerbell she was not. Her dress seemed more like armor made of tiny black scales,her wings were purple and darting too fast to look at in detail, and her tiny head, although sporting a pretty face, was topped with fiery red hair, featured black and red eyes, black lips, and a malevolent grin. "Tougher than you look! But I know fresh prey when I smell it... though it's rare that they're stupid enough to wander into here!" The pain slowed his mind, but he got his bearings and realized his situation: he was in some kind of combat encounter, and he didn't even get a chance to train any skills for this. Determined to live, John scampered away and towards the door, ducking his head as another azure bolt flies over it. "Come back here, cum stain!" He doesn't, choosing instead to burst through the door and risk running into the stree-

Bloop!

John was nearly thrown to the ground as he slams face-first into a malleable-until-pressed barrier of invisible . It kept him just away from the road, and just within a few feet of the diner. Cackling, the fairy erupted from the same and flew into the air. "Boy, you are green! This barrier doesn't get out more than a few feet from the diner... so that means you're all mine. It doesn't matter where you go: in the diner where I can fly around with ease or out here where you'll never reach me. I can do this all day, rookie... what about you? Oh," she cackled, putting her hand in front of her face as she goes on, "how could I forget? I already checked: you've got nothing but years of wanking and a butt plug!"

"W-Wait, that's not mine-!"

"Can it, worm!"

Wide-eyed and terrified, John stares up at his diminutive hunter. She's right... right?

Wrong.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)