More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheSpectator TheSpectator

Who's life are you going to swap with?

Ysabel Spade, a close family member. Your cousin!

“Is that...is that Ysabel? My cousin?”

The Fate nods with a slight smile. You adjust the collar of your suit, as it’s suddenly become tight around your neck. You didn’t want to admit anything, but you always thought she was kind of pretty. When this thought enters your mind, the Fate’s smile fades.

“What’s she doing here?” You ask.

“Ysabel has always considered you a good friend.” She then sighs and rolls her neck. “If she weren’t blood-related to you, you might have been a cute couple.”

You blushed at her remark. “We are good friends. I’m glad it never went further than that.”

“So,” she starts. “Are you settled in your decision? You are going to penetrate Ysabel’s body with your mind?”

“Can you please not say it like that?” You groan. The Fate smiles playfully and winks at you.

“Of course. I’m sorry, sir. I’m just having a little bit of fun.”

You knew Ysabel recently got out of a relationship with someone she had been dating for almost three years. She also lost her job and was borrowing money from her parents for a little a while, but you are pretty sure she stopped not long ago. She wasn’t living with them, and you knew she was doing everything in her power to continue living alone after her breakup. However, she always gave you good girl advice and even guided your attention towards Emily when you first brought her up. She was extremely supportive and felt terrible when she heard about your situation. She was the only person that knew about everything... literally everything. You were too embarrassed to admit it to anyone else.

“I… I’ll go with Ysabel.” You say, pushing the paper back to the Fate.

“Good luck, Weber.” She winked at you. “Depending on your first day, I’ll supply you with as much as you need.”

“Cool!” You cheer. “But what if-”

She snaps her fingers, and everything goes out in a blink.

Your eyes open, and you feel uncomfortable in an instant. You let out a small, pitched groan and then sigh. “God damn dream.”

When your eyes adjust to the lighting, you realize you’re in your bathroom, hunched over next to the toilet. There’s puke in the water and a robust acid-like scent emitting from your mouth.

“Oh, my God…” You stood up on shaky legs and flushed the porcelain throne. “What did I-??”

Your voice wasn’t yours. Well, it was...but it wasn’t. You coiled your hand back and looked at your hand. It was smaller than the day before, not to mention there is chipped polish over them. Then, with a head weighed down by cement, you went to the mirror. What you saw made you almost pass out…

You saw Ysabel Spade! Your cousin!

But you weren’t there. It was just her. She was you! Or were you her?! You turned on the sink and rinsed your face. “OK, Klaus, stay calm. This isn’t weird at all. This is normal…?”

You stepped back, staring into your pale blue eyes, and ran a hand through your incredibly soft hair. Next, you perked out your 36C chest out and then cupped them through the black fabric of your shirt and gave them a gentle squeeze. You then turned to your side and puckered your perfect(?) ass out in your night shorts. You then smiled and frazzled your black hair while you giggled. “Damnit. I’m adorable! Look at me!”

You jumped and felt your arms. You almost forgot that you woke up with a vomit-filled toilet. In fact, it didn’t come back to memory until you stepped out of the bathroom.

Her apartment was the same as you remembered it before. Kind of empty and had a feminine smell lingering in the air, but it was clean and orderly...It was also cold and felt empty. You felt kind of sad suddenly.

Despite you not finding anything wrong with the place, the part of Ysabel's mind that was still hers told you should be getting rid of more stuff. There was also a part of her that was wondering how you were alive. That gave you edgy vibes. The longer you explored her apartment, the more it felt like you were going through a dead person’s stuff.

When you got to your bedroom, you find that it’s practically empty. The bed is made, the closet is free space. Her laptop was gone. Her TV and streaming devices are all gone too. They were...sold? A string of memories came back to you - flashes of you selling your stuff on the marketplace and at pawn shops.

When you got to the nightstand, you find a pill bottle and pick it up. It was empty, but the description was in pristine condition, as well as the receipt. “Tiny Sleeping Pills! For fast and effective results!”

“Holy shit…” You put the pill bottle down. You were going to kill yourself? You sat at the edge of the bed and started to feel really sad...not just your side either, but there was a sense of depression coming from Ysabel’s side. You didn’t know about any of this. Why didn’t she talk to you? Talk to anyone, for that matter? Maybe she was going to? The last thing she did on her own was throw up everything she ate, which were the pills. You shake your head and let out an exhale.

“Ysabel,” you mutter. “No matter what happens while I’m in your body, I promise I’m going to help you. Can you hear me even?”

There was no change in the portion of her mind that was still her own, but you had a feeling the Fate was watching, so you stood up. “I want to help Ysabel after I get done with my situation. You hear me?”

Nothing but silence.

You picked your phone to check the time. You had plenty of time to shower and get for the day, so that’s what you did. You didn’t exactly know how to take care of a girl’s body, so you mostly listened to muscle memory and the routine that was hardwired into her brain. You still feel sorry for yourself (for her) by the time you dried off and got dressed, so you sat and wondered what to do.

Even without makeup, you thought you looked pretty. So why couldn’t she find someone else to replace her ex? There was a sharp pain that came from your heart when you thought that, so you stopped.

You pushed off the bed and put your dirty clothes in the hamper and put on your make-up, perfume and then fixed your hair. You felt like the loneliest girl on the planet. All she had was black shorts and a white form-fitting V-neck t-shirt so that's what you wore.

Ysabel had a lot of cash. No doubt from everything she was selling, so you could probably go out to the town and waste time for a while, but you knew she liked visiting the retail store you worked at too. You check your newly gifted watch exhale as your mind went into a state of thought...

Where should you go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)