More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Where do you wake up?

Your cabin aboard the USS Horizon...

An intercom chime wakes you, and you mutter 'Computer: Accept Call' brushing the sleep from your eyes and rising to put on your uniform, which you notice looks different from the Original Series that you remember, a Self-Adjusting jumpsuit with both the banding on the sleeves of the original series denoting you as 'Commander', and the pips from the 'Next Generation' at the collar for the same purpose. You also note you are wearing 'Security Red', if we are going by the standards of the original series, which you are in some doubt of due to your position and the pips on the collar but somewhat alarmed by if it is true... The room also looks different, more like those of ST:NG yet also that of a military vessel from your previous life, closed off, spartan, compact: what you think that of a space ship with artificial gravity would look like if it was expected to possibly go into combat.

"Good morning Commander, the USS Galloway has just finished collecting 'our cut' and placing the cloaked beaming platforms in orbit around the planet: we are ready to begin 'Operation: Red Cabbage' following a final briefing.” Brevet Captain Sulack's voice says through the intercom a second later, sounding EXACTLY like Tuvok from STAR TREK: Voyager. “Everyone will assemble in the captain's ready room in slightly under 15 minutes.”

“I'll be there, Marcus out.” you say finishing putting on your clothes, which you note have an extra 'hollow' pip in excess of the three for a Commander and what looked like a Captain's sleeve stripes instead of a Commander’s... (Two gold 'Braids' and a ribbon the color of the uniform with a series of gold 'stripes'.)

~I guess this lining up with a universe thing is an inexact science...~ You think as you pull on your foot fitting including toes 'Boots', then remember you need to shower.

13 minutes later you enter the Captain's Ready Room, freshly showered and shaved, and you think you are the last to arrive until the door swishes open behind you and a Lieutenant, ~Hanna M. Tamworth, showed aptitude...~ you remember, comes in and sits next to you, dressed in Science Track Blue. You note all your 'Allies' that you purchased and a few more people, dressed in Four not 3 colors of uniform, Yellow, Red, Blue, AND Green, which you now 'remember' are for the Engineering/Technical, Security/Combat, Science/Medical, and Interdisciplinary/Command tracks of the service. Anyone from any branch can rise to any rank, in point of fact there are always 4 'Admirals of the Fleet' one from each branch which along with the President of the Federation determine how to best deploy Starfleet.

“Good, everyone is here, we can begin.” Brevet Captain Sulack, dressed in 'Command' Green, declares and starts tapping keys on his console, bringing up schematics and other data on the screen.

What follows is an hour long final briefing on the present situation of Sigma Iotia II. For the past two years after the Enterprise retrieved doctor McCoy's communicator and put down an attempted rebellion against President Oxmyx and Vice President Krako the planet has been in a stable condition, a stability you are here to eventually disrupt because it presently is inevitable that it will fall apart. Though the two former gang bosses turned politicians were 'elected' with extensive voter fraud and other chicanery, the Iotians are very much aware that they are a client state of a greater power and rebellions are brewing. You and the other 'Agents' of the 'Federation Bureau of Investigation' are going to be inserted into various areas and provided with buildings and staff out of the Federation Treasury taken from the 'Cut' owed by the planet. Your mission is to turn those modest beginnings into an effective set of local, state, national, and planetary police forces, which if all goes according to plan will overthrow and incarcerate the various gang bosses, and eventually prepare the planet for 'The New Book' which will in turn within a few decades make it ready to by special exemption become a provisional member world of the Federation.

Many questions are asked, but not by you, the others getting to anything you wanted to know about before you can say anything, all the while your memory of THIS lifetime percolating through your brain, and after the meeting breaks up you head to the transporter room to beam down to the planet...

Where do you end up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)