More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by darkchill darkchill

The following morning...

You wake to a note

The morning light was just illuminating the bedroom as you awoke, dragging you from unconsciousness and into a new day. Saturday, specifically. Greg was gone, but had left a note near the bed:

Morning beautiful,

Called in to work early to sign hiring papers and tour the facility. Didn't want to wake you. Back later this afternoon. Pizza in the fridge if you're hungry.

Love you,-

G

Pizza sounded awful, the thought turning your stomach. He must have ordered it after you passed out. Guiltily, you imagined him shooing the neighbors out of the house and unpacking alone while you caught up on sleep.

Well today you'd be the productive one, and show him he wasn't the only one who could power through unpacking. You fished out a blouse, bra, panties and some jeans from the boxes marked 'bedroom,' making your way toward the bathroom with your prizes in hand.

*Maybe I should get some new clothes,* you thought idly, looking over the ensemble. There wasn't anything wrong with it, exactly, it just seemed a bit boring today.

After searching through some more boxes and tracking down your bathroom things, you enjoyed a long shower and walked back into your new living room to face the day.

You had a mission today: to find a job. It was still early enough that the sun cast light diagonally across the living room, and you grabbed another cookie from the plate Aimee left as you booted up your laptop. Back home you used to tease your husband, who had always earned less than your software job paid. Here though, he'd been offered a surprisingly impressive salary, and you doubted the local economy of suburban sprawl would support a programming job like the one you had enjoyed before. You'd talked about this though, and agreed that this opportunity was worth the sacrifice.

You paused as the computer finished booting, noticing belatedly that your internet hadn't been set up yet. Crap. Now what?

Half an hour later your were searching through boxes like a woman possessed, until you were interrupted by a sporadic knock. Aimee waved at you through the window. Shit. When did she say she was coming over?

She was dressed somewhat more vibrantly than the day before, wearing a pink hoodie and yoga pants over a tight shirt with a logo you didn't recognize. While her chest was (thankfully) covered, her lack of a bra was obvious. She managed to make it look flirty and fashionable, if a bit trashy. As you opened the door to greet her, her face lit up and she squealed excitedly, pulling you into another hug. "Stephanie! You look so GREAT! How are you feeling, are you okay? Are you ready to hit the mall? They're having a sale at GetPink and I'll DIE if we miss it. Where's your purse? Let's go!"

"I don't have a car--" you started to say, but she just kept going.

"Don't be silly! We can take my hubby's car! He said I could take it since I gave him head this morning so there's no problem!"

*Wait, had you heard that right? Who was this woman?* "Sorry Aimee, I need to get a job, and our internet is out."

"Oh no problem! We can go shopping and then you can use the internet over at my place to find a job while your husband sets up your house! We talked about it last night after he set you up on the couch. Men are better with technology anyway. You grab your purse and I'll get the car started!"

Aimee clearly had some backwards ideas, but you could use a new wardrobe if you were going to be interviewing, and it's not like you were making much headway finding the modem...

Go with her, or stay home?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)