More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by darkchill darkchill

Go with her, or stay home?

When in Rome

Aimee's enthusiasm was infectious, and you felt a smile forming on your lips as you made your decision. "Alright, give me five minutes to get ready."

You dashed back into the house, wrote a quick note for your husband, grabbed your laptop bag, purse, cell phone, and another cookie (breakfast, by some definitions) then arrived outside just as Aimee's blue convertible pulled up in the driveway.

She smiled, squealed, and waved excitedly at you as you trotted up to the car, tucked the laptop bag under the seat, and sat down next to her in front. The car was immaculate, and looked new except for a small keychain dangling from the mirror.

"What's that?" You asked, pointing at the keychain's symbol. It looked familiar, and only took you a moment to recognize the symbol on Aimee's shirt. It looked like the letters "AP," written in a flowing script, but the P was mostly a blooming flower and the A looked like a stylized woman in a yoga pose.

"Oh, don't you love it? It's my hubby's company, Ameranth. They give out pens, shirts, keychains and stuff." She gestured to her chest, then spread her shirt so it stretched obscenely over her boobs. "See? Same logo. I can do that 'A' pose too, but I don't think that flower is real."

"Cute..." You started, and it was, sort of, but then you lost your train of thought, feeling warm and a bit dizzy again.

*She has great boobs,* your mind chimed in unhelpfully. Aimee had already moved on, and had backed out of the driveway by the time you were back on track.

"So what stores does the mall have?" You asked, salvaging your earlier sentence. "I'm going to be applying for jobs here, and could use some clothes to interview in."

"Oh the usual, you know," she started, "GetPink, Laci's Secret, SeaLyon Wet, Ambercromb, stuff like that...."

Your heart sank a bit as she listed off a few more stores, but all of them sold clothes more suited to showing off at the gym or surprising your husband.

*He does deserve it,* you thought, *he's been taking care of you and unpacking since you got here. Doesn't he deserve something sexy? You should probably reward him.*

"Hello... Earth to Stephanie... Ditzy much? I asked, 'What kind of job are you looking for?'" Aimee spared you a concerned eye, keeping the other on the road. "Steph, are you sure you're up for a job? You look a little under the weather. If you're looking for something full-time, I think my hubby said that Ameranth was hiring. There's also a restaurant that just opened up near the mall, and you could probably pick up hours working tables there."

Your ears perked up at the mention of jobs and you shook yourself, coming back to the moment.

"Actually I was thinking..."

What were you thinking?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)