More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Closer11 Closer11

What's next?

You pick up a signal

You had gotten about halfway through the report when you receive a message from Eva. "Sir, I have picked up the automated distress signal from Cassandra's phone and have sent the location of the signal to your GPS systems." she informs you. The distress signal was built into their phones and would go off when the phone gets damaged or hacked.

You get up from your chair and quickly make your way downstairs. You check your phone for the location of the signal. It had gone off three times. They were moving along a backroad, in the direction of a shipyard. So basically bad news all round. You would have some catching up to do. And you'd have to do it quick before you lose the trail.

"Eva, I'm driving to the location of the signal. Put the house on lockdown while I'm away and continuing scanning for additional signals. If you pick up anything that could help me, I want you to inform me immediately." you instruct your lovely AI assistant before putting on your coat.

"Understood. Good luck, { first_name }." she responds. Using your first name was unusual, but it did add a personal touch to the farewell message. Maybe you should allow her to use your first name more often. It was certainly something to consider. But right now you had other things on your mind.

You run out the door and jump into your car. The engine was already running, so all you had to do was step on the gas and with a roar of your engine you shot out of the driveway and onto the road. The shipyard was on the opposite side of the city, leaving you with two choices. The shortest route was probably through the city, but the traffic lights might end up costing you more time than if you just go around through the suburbs.

Decisions, decisions. If only we had someone to make the decision for us.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)