More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by StormHarem StormHarem

What happens next?

You find a massive crashed ship

You had scavenged the battlefield and replace much of your flimsy old leather armor with much more sturdy fallen armor. You had also stolen some tech off of the vex that you would spend much of your time studying while you were tired or bored. You often found yourself thinking back to the three super soldier like beings that you watched plow that battlefield and how they appeared and vanished so suddenly.

You continue to wander the planet each day feeling more and more dreadful as you've only been eating scraps from left behind fallen campsites. You started to think that this would become your life until you either starve, get shot, or explore every inch of the planet. You walk your way through a tunnel to find a massive field of scrap metal and parts. The fallen were having quite a time stealing what they could.

You did your best to sneak past these fallen, but eventually had to resort to using your revolver, which you now lovingly call The Deal Breaker. You look over the horizon past all of this scorched metal and see a what looks like a massive, but broken shuttle. You run your way inside and wander around. More fallen are scavenging parts from inside, you blast the ones you can see. You take note of the location relative to various landmarks, one day you would have to come back and take some of this stuff for yourself, but as of right now, you were too exhausted.

You continue to wander around the dark inside of the ship, blasting fallen who try and fight you. Suddenly the part of the ship your in seems to come to life. Radio static begins to fill your ears before the voice you swear you hear when you think back on your past informs you of the communication device in your head.

"Hello~?" An almost robotic female voice breaks the static.

"Hello?" You mutter in a questioning tone.

"Hello!" The voice says in an enthusiastic and excited manner. "It has been a long time since anyone has actually come aboard the Exodus Black!"

"Is-" You start, but are interrupted.

"Welcome to the Exodus Black-" Her voice changes to more somber, sarcastic tone. "Where all your dreams come true..."

"Who-" You are interrupted again.

"Thank you for tending to the fallen! Her voice is enthusiastic again. "They have been scavenging through parts and circuits inside the walls, and honestly-" Her voice changes once more. "It really hurts."

"Well, I suppose I can try to help with that." You say, spinning The Deal Breaker on your finger. "Who are you anyway?"

"I am Failsafe! A.I of the Exodus Black!"

"Okay, Failsafe. How should I go about this?"

"There are a few simple things you can do. Here come to my core, I'll send your gh- Oh! You are not a guardian?"

"A guardian?" You mumble to yourself.

"I will lead you to my core so that you can get rid of these fallen!"

You follow the instructions provided by Failsafe, and fight hard to clear the ship of the fallen.

You stand, leaning against a wall near the entrance to the room containing her core, your arms are hanging limp as you pant to get your breathe back when a person enters. They wear bulky red and white armor covered in depictions if a dual headed phoenix, a long and tattered cloth with a matching mark is draped around her waist. Their hips and bust are certainly bulkier than the other person in similar armor you saw clear the battlefield. Their figure seems vaguely female.

A floating machine rotates and stares at the armored person, who looks back.

"Hello guardian!" Failsafe says.

"Failsafe, where are the fallen?" A calm slightly accented male voice says.

"You see ghost, and guardian. This man took care of the problem!"

The guardian and their ghost look at you then to each other. "Who exactly is he?" The male voice says. You figure it comes from the ghost.

"I'm not sure! Who are you, my hero?"

"John." You wheeze. "Doe."

The guardian puts their hands on their hips and leans in, even though you can't see through the dome helmet they wear, you are sure they are looking you up and down. The ghost flies up close and seems to examines you.

"You... Aren't a guardian?"

You shake your head.

The guardian nods. Then leaves.

Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)