More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bricktamland bricktamland

What job does Megan have for Elizabeth?

You could work as my secretary

"Your secretary?" Elizabeth stammered.

"No, of course not. Well, kinda." Megan shrugged. "Look, you don't have to say yes. I'm just offering because I just got a promotion to a new group with me and a few paralegals, and we need some help doing scheduling, transcription, that sort of thing. It's a small group, and I have been planning on hiring someone anyway."

Elizabeth sniffed. "Ok, just for a little while though, til Jeff gets a job again."

Megan nodded. "of course, however long you need. It would only be part time anyway. Not like an all day thing, you know?"

Elizabeth felt herself agreeing already. "Ok then, I can do that. How much would you pay me?"

"$500 a week sounds fair I think?"

"Deal."

"Ok great." Megan patted her older sister's hand. "I'll order the phone we talked about, and you can pick it up when you come by the first day. How about Monday? That's in just a few days."

On Monday, Elizabeth showed up at her sister's office building early in the morning in a professional black pantsuit and flats. She found Megan's office in a back corner section of one of the floors. It seemed a bit deserted, in her opinion. Megan greeted her with a hug and a smile, and handed her the new phone. It didn't seem any different than the ones people paid $700 for, at least that Elizabeth could tell. "Yeah, I actually liked it so much that I went ahead and got myself one too," Megan quipped cheerily. "I'll keep it on me in case you need anything. Let me show you your desk, it out in front of our little section back here."

Megan showed her around, and Elizabeth settled in for a rather uneventful day of cleaning her sister's house, the new phone sitting on her desk right next to her.

About 2pm, she was nearly finished, when her phone beeped. It was a text from her older sister in a meeting.

What does her sister text her?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)