More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by porneia porneia

How do you answer?

You admit your guilt.

"Um . . . yes." You stumble over your words finally admitting to the truth as you decide not tell the Dean about how the janitor who did agreed to look the other way. He was coaxed into relenting, because you poured on the charm with your 'girl next door' smile as you pleaded for Sophia's House. The female magician's outfit, with its hint of cleavage and fishnet stockings, certainly helped. Throwing the kindly old man under the bus just won't be fair.

"I'm, so sorry. It was all my fault. I was just trying to help raise money . . ."

"I could care less about your intentions." Van Laar curtly interrupts your confession. "I have heard enough." The Dean closes your folder. "Ms. Hamilton, you are returning to academic probation, which terminates any and all of your club memberships, and if your GPA at any time falls below a 2.0 you will be expelled from this college." Your stomach goes into a knot as the Dean is not finished, "I am also revoking your work placement scholarship and giving that to a more deserving student."

"What?" You almost panic, as money is already tight, and you have racked up considerable student loans.

"Silence!" The Dean slaps table, "I am not through with you." And hands you two pieces of paper. "You will give these to Sophia's House. The first informs them that they are not longer welcome to use the college's facilities."

Only the Dean's icy glare prevents you from verbally protesting because Sophia's budget is in the red and most of its revenues come from fundraisers on campus.

"The second is a bill for 11,638 dollars and 52 cents for smoke damage plus my nullifying the waiver for rental, security and janitor fees, given by the previous Dean."

"But you can't do that!" Your sense of righteousness overcomes your fears.

"Of course I can, Ms. Hamilton." The evil witch almost smiles. "Sophia's never gave the required deposit, therefore the contract you signed is null and void."

"But we never needed a deposit before." You respond with anger and guilt. "This could close Sophia's for good!"

"I could care less." Van Laar heartlessly answers. "Such places only encourage the lazy and the shiftless, and the campus will be a lot safer with fewer vagrants wandering about with their bratty children." The Dean's eye narrow with contempt, "If you want to blame anyone, blame myself, Ms. Hamilton. Now get out of my office and I expect the bursar will have a check by next Monday or I will inform the police."

Do you obey and leave?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)