More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by supersano12 supersano12

How are you getting to the clinic for your football physical?

You're riding with your mom.

Letting your mom tempt you with breakfast into riding with her for your physical today was a mistake. You had to roll out of bed way too early just to have a few donuts only to be stuck at the clinic hours before any of your friends or teammates showed up on the bus. Long enough for you to be able to listen in on the doctors and overhear that the main guy who always did the guy's physicals had stormed out of the office last night and wasn't going to be coming back.

You went directly to your mom, worrying that you had spent all morning up at the clinic for nothing, but it turns out that she had worse news for you.

"Looks like I'm going to be handling all the physicals today since Dr. Roberts so kindly resigned this morning. I spent nearly all morning on the phone with Coach Hester and he says that since I'm the only doctor available, he can only let the Super Seniors get checked by me today after they sign a waiver. He said it probably won't be a problem."

You could only feel your stomach jump up into your throat, and plummet back into place at hearing your mom would be performing all the checks on your teammates... and yourself. The nauseous feeling that swept over you, and the fact that you were going to have to stew over it for a few more hours, nearly made you feint. Something that your mom noticed right away.

"Chris, are you feeling okay? I was going to ask to get your physical over with, since I've got some free time and probably need the practice. Why don't you come into my office and I'll make it quick? Then you can lie down and take a nap on the cot."

Do you want to get it over with? Or will you wait?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)