More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CJD619 CJD619

Start the story?

Yes.

As the door to their apartment closed behind her, Sarah threw her keys, phone, and purse on the table. "Another long day," she said, her voice tired yet still full of love.

Drained and weary, her spirit had taken a huge hit over the last year trying to catch back up to where things were at work pre-pandemic. The familiar scent of her cozy little apartment greeted her as she stepped through the door, and she couldn't help but sigh in relief.

Rowan, who was in the living room, typing away on his laptop, picked up on her exhaustion immediately. He got up from his chair and went to comfort her as she collapsed on the couch.

"Hey, honey," she said, her voice tired.

Rowan sat down beside her and asked, "Long day?"

Rowan had worried about her. The last year had taken a huge toll on Sarah, who had a tremendous weight placed on her shoulders after returning from the pandemic. Sarah was often bubbly, caring and passionate, but lately it seems like she's been too consumed with work to be herself. Over the last month or two, a common thing that Sarah had confided to Rowan was that she had a growing feeling of being unfulfilled. Not with their relationship, but just in general. An empty feeling that she has had trouble trying to fix.

Over a cup of warm tea, Rowan decided to ask Sarah if there's anything they could do to help her feel more fulfilled.

Sarah hesitated for a moment, swirling her cup. "I'm not sure.. Well, my friend Lisa did mention this spiritual self-help meeting with this old guru guy she's been going to for a year," she said, her voice tentative.

Rowan raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "A spiritual self-help meeting? That sounds... interesting. What's the old guy like?"

Sarah shrugged, "He's apparently weird and a bit mysterious, but people say he has a way of guiding people to find their true selves. That's what Lisa said, anyways. I'm not sure if it's for me, but I think it might be worth trying."

Rowan considered her words, his brow furrowing with concern. "I trust you, Sarah. If you think it might help, then we can definitely look into it. But just promise me that you'll be careful, okay?"

Sarah smiled, grateful for Rowan's support. "I promise, I will. Thanks, honey."

The Next Day

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)