More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Bungun Bungun

Adapt?

Yes

Since such drastic changes are already taking place, you decide your response has to be quick and decisive. Whatever other changes may follow, you feel the need to be prepared.

After a momentary rest, you eat your fill to bring your strength to its peak, then quickly scour the cabin for all the necessary tools.

Bow in hand and arrows by the hip; a dagger in the boot and ropes around the shoulder; dried meat and a canteen of stream water... You are ready.

As you push on and leave behind your cabin, you discard the useless thoughts to the back of your mind, your focused glare igniting the thirst to hunt. The grass speaks of your presence at every step, unnaturally quiet otherwise. The snakes you are worried about are nowhere to be seen, while the rest of the wild voices have long turned mute.

For minutes unknown, you keep following a straight path of stagnating rustles, cracking a branch every once in a while with your heavy step as your senses heighten from the silence. The soil is covered in animals tracks, and fear strangles your heart as you try to make sense of their size. It's not just the tracks. The depths of the forest dwarf your bulky frame.

Mushrooms reaching up to your shoulders... Flowers with stems as thick as a child's arm... Wild fruit the size of your head...

And trees piercing the clouds, somehow invisible from your cabin... None of it makes sense.

Soon, you begin to doubt whether it's you who's shrinking or the forest that is growing, until you finally pause on the spot in an opening. Despite the sunlight brushing every blade of grass, their tops no longer scratch your chin, and strangely enough, not even your knees. The soil is much more visible as well, which makes you confident enough to distinguish and follow a pair of prints.

Pick a track.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)