More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SissyBoiToi1 SissyBoiToi1

Do you continue following the stranger?

Yes, you try to approach him outside the bar

You run over as the stranger approaches the tavern door. "Hey!" you yell. "You in the trenchcoat!"

The stranger turns, and you get your first good look at his face. He has a chiseled, masculine face, which reminds you of the statues in the church you visited once. His dark skin is a bit of a shock, but just because you're village is very light-skinned. He's the not the first person with darker skin you've ever seen; trading parties led by such men pass through occasionally.

"Yes, boy?" the stranger says, clearly annoyed.

"I, uh..." you clear your throat. "I just pride myself on knowing everyone in town, and I've never seen you."

"Well, boy," the stranger says, his grimace changing to something closer to a smirk. "My name is Miles Bennett. You've never seen me because I haven't been to town in 30 years."

"Why come back?" you ask.

"Truth be told, boy," he says, glancing from side to side like he's trying to make sure no one's listening. "I am on a mission for Queen Artea, the ruler of this and many other lands. She has reason to believe a serial killer from decades ago is alive and living in Strawford!"

"No way!" you say in disbelief.

"It's true," he responds. "A young woman, likely aged 10, killed 6 people in Hill Haven 20 years ago."

"10? How and why did a 10 year old kill 6 people?"

"Her motives were unclear, but she got a hold of a large knife, and managed to kill her parents. Then--"

"Alright, alright, I get it," you interrupt. "But she'd be 30 by now, how will you find her?"

"That is wear someone like you comes in," Miles says. "I need you to lure women into talking to me, as they wouldn't trust me. Can you do this?"

"Sure, Miles!" you say. "Where should I take them?"

"I have a room in the inn, above the tavern take them there. And call me Mr. Bennett."

You mentally run through the 30 year old women in town. There's the teacher at the schoolhouse, the carpenter's wife, and the woman in charge of the town garden.

Who do you try and lure to Mr. Bennett?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)