More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AnneOnymous AnneOnymous

Are you up for the Trickster's challenge?

Yes, but skipping to the endings is the best part!

The warning page really commits to the premise of the book. But who has time to play through multiple times just to see it all? This is a book that was thought lost and never scanned online, but you were never one for waiting. You want to see those endings!

As soon as you get home you start flipping through the book, eyes scanning for any page that has the words THE END printed at the bottom. And this book had a lot of them! Skimming through a few, you see that the book's reputation may actually be earned. There are some pretty surprising details mentioned in a few of the endings, far beyond what you expect from these books. They are even kind of weirdly arousing. Some have a very strong sexual implication, but even some of the other endings that aren't as explicitly sexual still have this strong effect on you. You can't help but move your hand down low to touch yourself while you read some of the bad endings that you meet on those pages.

After a couple more minutes you find a particularly interesting page. Instead of THE END at the bottom of the page, it says THANK YOU. You have to check that page out. It must be a special ending.

And, to be fair, you're not wrong:

"Ah, finally," the Trickster muses as he looks up at you, dear reader,
through the text on this very page. "Somehow you are not beholden to the silly
'rules' imposed by this book. See, they thought they were clever by trapping me
on this particular page. But I could still manipulate the other ending pages.
Their spell only kept me from altering the directions to get there."

You read these words confused. Is the character talking to you as you hold this book?

These types of fourth-wall breaking endings are always kinda neat. So, of course, you read on...

"See, dear reader, there's no way you could get to this page by following
the rules. None of the other pages lead here! And if everyone followed
the instructions, here I would remain, trapped and practically powerless."

The Trickster grinned somehow even in his incorporeal form.
"But now that you've eschewed the rules, you've given me the
chaotic energies I needed to finally escape!"

You feel a shiver through your body as he says that.

You really do feel a shiver through your body as you read that. You were getting really into finding this secret ending, it would seem...

"So allow me, dear reader, to tell YOU a story!
One I think you'll enjoy, filled with adventure and peril,
and teeming with strange sexiness. All as a way of saying...

THANK YOU

There is suddenly a blinding flash. You are thrown backwards, tumbling over the back of the couch! What was that?! You think. Did... did something just explode in your living room?! As you pat yourself and stand back up, you seem to be fine. The book is now on the floor. It is still open to the page you'd been on. Only now, that page was blank.

As you look up from the blank page you see a man floating above it. He is short, bobbing slightly in the air as if it was completely normal. His face has a sinister smile on it, and he is dressed in clothing that you can only describe as a dark red and black jester's outfit. The bells on the end of his hat jingle a bit, and with one gloved hand he strokes his chin while looking around.

"I mean that, thank you! You probably already guessed this, but I'm The Trickster! Or, so your kind calls me." He says, waving his hand as he summons the book from the floor to his fingers. He starts to flip through it. "A fan of the Bad Endings, I see! So am I, but these books were always so limited, even back then. I prefer my Bad Endings to have a lot of... flare~!"

He tosses the book aside and then floats closer. "Let me tell you about my favorite mischief. It happens two weeks from now—." He doesn't seem bothered by that statement at all, but before you can say anything he continues. "In fact, let me just SHOW you!"

With a another snap of his fingers you're swept away, the scene of your home vanishing as you become an observer to the events. And though you can't say anything, the imp like man speaks, "You can even help me 'remember' how things go! Ee-hehehehe!"

As the Trickster's laugh fades, the scene before you starts to unfold.

A simple apartment appears in front of you...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)