More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TheCanadian TheCanadian

What's next?

Yana plays with creation some more

Yana walked over to the guitar that had just appeared out of thin air moments ago, from the wave of her hand.

Yana was never really familiar with the musical world at all, aside from playing the oboe back in middle school band class, so her interpretation of "guitar" just seemed to be some cheap boring throwaway acoustic guitar you would find at a Wal-Mart. She walked over and picked it up, caressing her hands around its neck and body slowly, learning every little imperfection and crevice of the instrument. "I wonder if we can spice this up a little bit", she thought.

With nothing more than a thought, the shape of the instrument began changing, from a bulky hollowed-out acoustic into a slick pearl-black electric guitar, complete with matching red trim with "Yana" engraved on the body.

"Now I just wish I knew how to play it."

And that was all she needed to say.

Like running into a brick wall, her mind was pummeled with information; notes, chords, music theory, scales, the history of guitar music, songs, albums, and everything you could imagine rushed into her mind like an open flood gate, and she knew what she was doing now, almost immediately. She began plucking at the strings, and her fingers instinctively knew what to do, flying all across the fret board and ripping an insane solo that Van Halen would be jealous of. Despite not having an amplifier, the guitar still managed to sound perfectly loud and clear.

She set it down, and walked over to the piano. She sat down and started feeling the keys, absorbing the information from them straight into her brain. She closed her eyes and concentrated, trying to re-create her musical mastery of the guitar, and in just a few seconds, she could play all of Beethoven's symphonies by heart.

She looked over at the wall, hosting a tasteful painting of a nice wooded forest.

"I guess it's nice, but not quite my taste." She thought.

She made a swiping motion with her hand held in front of her, as if on a dating app, and in the place of the generic green-filled landscape, was a perfect re-creation of the Mona Lisa.

"Wait, I didn't teleport the real one or something, did I?" She asked herself. "No", was the answer, her brain instantly replied. "Nice", she thought to herself.

She began walking downstairs towards the kitchen and living room, snapping her fingers to make various famous paintings appear on the walls beside her on her way down. Upon getting to the kitchen, she walked in to find that it was a complete disaster, dirty dishes and the like scattered all over the place, cobwebs, and the like.

"Ugh, ew. This place needs some work."

She tried the "swiping" method once more, holding her had up in front of her, palm facing up and forwards. Her motion revealed a bright yellow 1950's-style flowery wallpaper, with an array of kitchen appliances she hadn't seen before. Everything looked like it was brand new, transplanted straight from 1953 into the current year, as if she had "wiped" everything clean. The dishes and the mess appeared to become completely sterile, but still remained strewn about the room. With a few quick flicks of her hand, she found that she could continue living her Star Wars fantasy even further, using "the " to open up cabinets and drawers, and levitating everything back into its place.

Satisfied with how it was looking, she thought that maybe she would try it on a bigger scale. Yana walked back outside the house and into the front yard, and turned around to look at it head-on. She thought to herself "clean, clean, clean", repeating it herself over and over as if trying to prepare for an exam. She swiped her hand to the right once more, covering the whole thing under the shadow of her hand, revealing the entire estate in its original nearly-pristine condition, light blue outer paint with white trim looking like it had just been re-painted by a whole crew of people. A huge smile filled her face, and she rushed back inside to see if it had worked there as well. Even better than she had hoped, it was perfectly clean, and looked factory-fresh from 1953 as if it hadn't aged a day. She simply thought "clean" and all of the other details seemed to work out as she hoped, filling in the blanks for what her wishes really entailed.

"I'm gonna have some fun with this." She thought.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)