More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FallenSaint FallenSaint

What happens next for Ethimilee and Broden?

Writer Info Thread

The world in this story is currently lost in conflict. The central country in the story is the Elven land of Trymir. Queen Ethimilee is a young but popular ruler and the mother of two daughters. Her husband has been dead for the last thirty years but Ethimilee has yet to remarry. Most feel that she is simply putting her country's needs ahead of her own, but some wonder if she simply hasn't found a man that will keep her warm enough at night.

The Elves in this story can live forever, so usually they don't reproduce quickly for fear of over population. They often mix special herbs with their drinks to keep pregnancy rates low. Trymir has enjoyed peace for over a thousand years and this has cost them much. The soldiers have been poorly trained and not even the oldest of officers can remember the last battle to be fought. Now with the humans attacking from the south, they are finding that they have grown too soft to properly defend themselves. Another Elven country, situated to the north west, is Fainral. Prince Rienlest has kept his soldiers in better fighting shape than Ethimilee or her predecessors and is offering his aid. With a price.

The Humans to the south have been building an empire for the last four generations and most of the southern continent belongs to them. Their forces are currently divided between the last remnants in the south and Trymir in the North. Because of their expansion, some of the people are more like the those found in medieval Britain and others are more like the Norse Vikings. The Emperor is Maxwell Valtrin

Also to the north of Trymir is a land called the Wastes. It is populated mostly by Orcs and trolls who battle constantly for supremacy. Currently two thirds of the Orcs rally around the war banner of Chief Horgrog the destroyer. Orcs are warriors by nature and often fight in a berserk rage. Physically they are the strongest of races and use this to their advantage. They fight using pure brute strength and numbers to overwhelm their enemies. Any sign of weakness from a neighboring group could easily draw raids or even a war march. They breed in large numbers because most of those numbers will die out in their first battle. The exception to this race seems to be Broden and his band of mercenaries. This small group fights with a mixture of their natural strength and cunning that is almost unknown to Orcs. Mixed group tactics are as easy to them as drinking at the tavern after the battle is done.

While magic does exist in this world, only a handful of people can actually use it. These people are known as Sages and when they speak, people listen. Usually sages keep to themselves, but every so often, one will appear in the most unlikely of places...

Anything else?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)