More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Beast79 Beast79

What's next?

Wonderful

Dick Grayson didn't know what had changed but he knew something had changed. It wasn't a feeling he'd come to in a logical, rational thought out deductive manner, rather it was his gut telling him something was... off.

And this being Gotham that could mean anything.

So instead of putting on a pair of armored tights and running over rooftops and swinging thru the city like a modern day Tarzan he was spending the night at home, reading the papers and watching the news. Try to see what exactly it was he had missed. Trying to find out what was making him feel... off.

Dick frowned as he looked from the tv to the news paper in his hands. There didn't seem to be anything he was missing. He folded the paper and tossed it on the couch beside him. So why did he still feel... off?

There was always his last resort. But he wasn't going to do it. He wasn't. He wasn't going to go there. He wasn't going to call Bruce. He was an independent hero now. He could do this without running back to the Batman and asking for help. He could do without Bruce and his attitude right at the moment, that is if Bruce even knew if anything was going on. The man wasn't much for Dick and his gut feelings, he was more of a cold hard logic and facts type guy.

Although maybe checking in with Clark and seeing if any of his super senses had picked up anything weird happening. The League might have heard something out there in the cosmos. Cyborg and the Titans might have picked up on something.

A knock on his apartment door stopped him from considering any of his other options. Getting up from his couch he made his way to the door and wondered who exactly would be knocking on his door at 9pm on a Thursday night. He wasn't expecting anyone, hadn't buzzed anyone in so he supposed it had to be one of his neighbors. Which was odd as he wasn't exactly friendly with anyone in the building. He was pleasant to the other tenants in the building but he hadn't really made any connections. Friendships with non super heroic people were hard to keep going while maintaining a secret identity.

Stopping in front of his door he listened before he looked thru the peephole. It was Gotham, it paid to be cautious. Not that he thought anyone would be out to hurt Dick Grayson. Well, outside of the Court of Owls. Maybe Ra's Al Ghul with another overly circuitous convoluted master plan. Or that one nutball who tried to kidnap him so he could try and get a billion dollars out of Bruce in ransom money.

And all he heard at his front door was feminine giggling. Dick rolled his eyes, leave it to Barb to spoof his building's security just so she could drop by unannounced. Throwing open the door he was happy to see... not Barbara Gordon.

A blonde and brunette were standing at his front door and given the slightly disheveled office clothes he could say that the two of them had been drinking. He didn't really recognize either of them. Well, there was something about the blonde that tickled his memory, he just didn't know why but he knew that blonde's face from somewhere. He could admit that the both of them were attractive, the blonde more than the brunette. The blonde's build was more in line with his preferences, her build leaning more towards the athletic. In fact given her general body shape he would have to say that the blonde was fairly involved in gymnastics. The broader shoulders and the upper body muscle mass alongside the muscular thighs and toned rounded butt were quite similar to Barbara's.

His split second perusal of the two was over so he leaned against his door frame and quirked an eyebrow. "Hello."

The blonde squealed and clapped her hands over her mouth before suddenly rushing out in a thick New Yawk accent, "You are! Oh! My! Gawd! You are little Dickie Grayson!"

"Uhhh, yeah." Dick nodded his head, "I am. Was. Kinda grown up now." He looked from the overly excited blonde to the now suddenly embarrassed brunette. "And you two lovely ladies are?"

The brunette sighed and bumped the blonde with her hip, "Cool it, Harl." the brunette then extended a hand to Dick, "Hi, I'm Diane Matthews." Dick shook her hand and looked from her to the blonde who still had her hands covering her mouth as she tried to quash her tittering. Diane rolled her eyes, "Sorry. Um. I live in the building and, well, y'see, me and Harl just had a really good day at work; got a new project approved and were celebrating and th-"

"John Grayson was my hero!" The blonde suddenly blurted out. "I loved your dad! He was awesome. So awesome!" She faked a swoon, "And pretty, gawd, so pretty. Men shouldn't be so pretty. It's not fair." the blonde focused back on Dick, "You're pretty too."

"Thanks." Dick bobbed his head. "It's always nice to be appreciated."

"Harl." Diane groaned.

The blonde suddenly lurched forward and put her hand in Dick's face, "Harleen Quinzel, please ta meet'cha."

"Dick Grayson." He took her hand in his own and gave it a firm shake. His brain started slotting facts together and he suddenly recalled where he knew her face from. He stood up straight and couldn't help the smile that came to his face, "Harleen Quinzel from Gotham State who quit the gymnastics program on the cusp of qualifying for the Olympics to focus on her studies instead? That Harleen Quinzel?"

Harleen giggled as her cheeks flushed, she bashfully turned away. "Mayyyyybe."

"I knew I knew your face." Dick chuckled, "It was bugging me. I knew I knew you, I just didn't know how I knew. I would have twigged eventually. You look like you're still competing."

Diane looked from Dick to Harleen, rolling her eyes she clicked her tongue, "Well, doesn't take genius to figure out where this is going." Diane grabbed the blonde by the chin, ignoring the squawk the blonde let out, turned Harleen's face toward her and said rather bluntly, "Please try and remember that we have work tomorrow. Wake up early enough to get back to my apartment to shower and dress."

"Uh, that's a little presumptuous," Dick snorted. He might have a reputation as a ladies man amongst the cape and cowl scene but that didn't mean he was an easy lay.

"And I didn't plan on coming up here originally" Diane shrugged her shoulders, "But when Hurricane Harleen grabs hold of you, you tend to go where she's leading."

Dick looked from the resigned brunettte to the blonde who was waggling her eyebrows at him with a crazy look in her eyes. As the brunette turned to leave Dick was suddenly afraid for his virtue.

Licking her lips Harleen asked, "Aren'tcha gonna invite me in Dickie?"

In or Out

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)