More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by nbody95 nbody95

Who will it be?

Will Jefferson, your best friend since kindergarten

You look at the face of your oldest friend and know instantly that you'd rather die than leave him behind. With a swiftness you didn't know you posessed, you smash the emergency shut off and yank open the pod. Will looks around groggily, still feeling the effects of the cryo. He's useless like this, and you don't have time to wait for him to recover his senses. Instead, you throw his arm over your shoulder, shouting, "We've gotta go!", and drag him across the room and through the airlock. Just as the door closes, you feel the rest of the ship separate with a screech of tearing metal. You can't open the airlock to see the damage, but you know already that the occupants of the other five pods are lost, along with everyone trapped in the back of the ship. You let out a sob and nearly drop Will. One of those pods held your younger cousin, Sarah. If you'd only had a bit more time you could have saved her too, but it simply wasn't possible. Sarah might have been your blood, but Will was practically your brother. In the end, the family you choose is more valuable than the family you're stuck with. You hope telling yourself that will keep you from being crushed by the guilt of the choice you made. You shudder, thinking of all the colonists that are now dead or dying. You just hope some others got to the front already.

What next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)