More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by 24ward 24ward

White's first move?

White: queen's pawn d2>d4

It took her almost an hour, but Emma finally found the storefront she was looking for, with a faded sign reading " Caribbean" outside. As she tentatively entered the shop, a little bell over the door rang and a middle-aged black man peered from around a corner. He rushed forward and extended a hand to her, smiling as he looked her over. "Please come in, come in," he said in accented English. "Some tea, perhaps?"

"Thank you," Emma said, accepting his hand and sitting in the offered chair. He disappeared back around the corner and returned a moment later with with a steaming cup. She took a sip and scowled slightly; it was bitter, even acrid.

"Caribbean tea," he offered as explanation. "I am Ramon. You are looking for Caribbean experience, miss?"

"Yes, my name is Emma Anderson," she said. "A couple of girlfriends and I are looking for... something different, I suppose. Not Ibiza or any of those rubbish English experiences. An adventure, something... authentic, where we could meet locals, get away from tourist traps..." She took another sip of the tea, beginning to relax. "Mmm, nice!"

Ramon smiled. "Of course we can help you with this. We are booking trips to the island of Santolina. I think this is for you. Very off the tourist trail. Sandy beaches. Local accomodation, bed-and-breakfast style. Lots of culture, local festivals. The locals will be very interested in you and your young friends. I know this place, I grew up there. We have a local community here now, we arrange a charter flight for them from the local airport. It will be very cheap for you."

Emma felt almost euphoric. "Oh, that sounds wonderful! Yes, let's arrange that."

Black's move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)