More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by 24ward 24ward

White's first move?

White: king's knight's pawn g2>g3

"Next..." the customs agent sighed, too bored to even look up, until he heard her chirpy Australian greeting.

"G'day!" said the pretty young woman as she strolled up to the counter and presented her passport.

The customs agent sat up a little straighter, even managing a smile. "Oh, hello, young lady, welcome to Uikocko." He took her document and flipped it over to the identification page, confirming the light-eyed beauty matched her photo.

"Ah, Miss... Samantha Barrett..." he read from it.

"Call me Sam," she replied cheerfully.

"And what brings you to our country?"

"I'm here with my mate, Philip," she said, jerking her thumb towards the next customs station, where a tanned muscular man in his early twenties was undergoing his own examination. "We're here for two weeks to hit the surfing, we hear it's the best in Africa. It's sort of a birthday present."

"Ah, yes, it is your birthday tomorrow!" the official noted. "And this man is not your husband, or a family member?"

"He's my boyfriend," she clarified.

"Like lover?" he pressed.

"Uh, basically, I guess," she stammered, not quite sure where this was going.

Instead the agent changed topics. "You have no ?"

"No, no ."

He stamped her passport and handed it back to her. "Enjoy your stay, Miss Barrett. Wait in the next room."

She gathered her document and passed into the luggage room, where she stood by and waited for Phillip to appear. Minutes passed, and she noticed people pass by she was sure had been far behind them. Soon she stopped seeing white people altogether. As assorted black people passed her, she realized the plane from Australia had been processed and the customs people were on to some African flight. As the minutes stretched into an hour, then two, she began to despair, but could not find any airport personnel to ask about Philip's status. There was a young man in military fatigues manning the exit from customs, but she didn't like the way he was ogling her or the way he held his machine gun.

It had been two hours. Samantha was frantic; Philip had organized everything, Philip had all the money. She didn't know where to go or what to do. Finally, she saw the customs agent she had dealt with before as he wandered out of the secured zone. "Please, where is Philip?" she pleaded.

"Ah, yes, Miss Barrett!" he said with a smile, recognizing her. "The boyfriend! He is under suspicion, and has been taken to the central station for questioning."

"What sort of questioning?" she asked desperately. "When will he be released?"

"I cannot say that," he replied philosophically. "Oh, and I understand you shared a suitcase? I am sorry to tell you that it has been seized as evidence."

"But all my clothes are in that suitcase, too!" she protested.

"Yes, so I hear," he mused with a smirk. "Well, welcome to Kikocko."

Samantha's head swam as she processed these developments. She was trapped in a strange African country, without her travelling companion, without money, without even a change of clothes!

Black's first move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)