More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by 24ward 24ward

White's first move?

White: king's bishop's pawn f2>f4

Michelle's parents were initially excited when she told them she wanted to go to college in the United States. Their joy quickly turned to suspicion, however, when she told them she was going to Lincoln State, a small liberal arts college in the Deep South, to enroll in Development Studies.

"I've never heard of that school!" her father protested. "Or that subject!" She tried to explain to him that Development Studies was, "like, interdisciplinary," covering sociology and social work within an identity-politics framework. As a historically african-american institution, she continued, Lincoln State focused specifically on racial barriers to equitable development. That just seemed to enrage him. He said he didn't understand how a white girl from Canada was going to help black people in America, but her ideals compelled her to follow through despite his reservations; her mother's quiet admonishment to stay away from "those boys" as she packed to leave only confirmed in Michelle's mind that their dispproval was rooted in ignorance, and even racism.

Michelle snapped back to the present as she wondered if she missed her turn. She was never the best navigator to begin with, and it seemed as though there were no signs at all once she entered Sucker County. She had spent the better part of an hour seemingly driving in circles, looking for the antebellum plantation manor housing the school or the more modest dwelling for international students. As the light drained from the sky, she hoped at least to see someone she could ask for directions...

Black's move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)