More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Zingiber Zingiber

What is White’s first move?

White: King's knight g1 to f3

Maxine sat next to her friend Wendy in the stands. The announcer had just given the one-minute warning and asked the spectators to check their seat systems. Maxine felt the faint, low humming of a sensory link on neutral and noticed the green indicators. She tingled with anticipation. She'd done senso travel before, and senso olympics. But this was her first chess game.

Wendy was still chatting away. "The first time they usually put you in as a pawn, I did. It was kinda a short game 'cause they played a gambit. But last time it was really fun, I was in one of the castles with some other girls and we got to take some pieces. When we..."

The world faded away from around Maxine. The low hum changed to a throbbing thrum between her legs.

From behind her visor, the King's Knight surveyed her field of battle. The tall, slim King's Bishop, in her white silken robes and slit-peaked cap, held a gleaming staff beside her. To her right, the King's Rook loomed, a rolling fortress crewed by pale-skinned amazons in white armor holding dire instruments of pleasure... or lustful instruments of war, perhaps. Was that a net-thrower, a dildo-bayonet, a vial of liquid spice oil?

Beneath her rumbled her charger, a pearl-white and chrome motorcycle. Holsters beside the seat held her own weapons of battle. Already, under her arm, she gripped a long lance that projected up and out toward the front ranks. The pawn in front of her tried to stand steadily, her ripped white cut-off shorts and sling top barely covering her small frame. She gripped her weapon and straightened her shoulders.

Across the field, her adversaries were whooping themselves up for combat. Black's king-side pawns were drumming on their thighs and bellies and singing, "Juba dis and Juba that and Juba killed a yellow cat and bend over double-trouble Juba! Juba!" Black's queen-side pawns were singing and drumming something else, but she couldn't make out the words.

But White held the initiative, the first move. She looked toward the center, the King's and Queen's pawns.

A voice thundered across the arena, White announcing the first move.

"King's Knight to King's Bishop Three!" the goddess-voice called.

The Knight revved her charger and eased it into gear, rolling past her pawn. She stuck out a hand and slapped the girl's bottom as she went by. "Keep your stick high, baby!" she called in encouragement as she rolled by.

She roared out into the open field and hooked a turn to her station in front of the King's Bishop's Pawn. She blew a kiss to the ill-armed altar girl in the front rank and turned back to face the enemy.

Black was ready, and another voice rumbled across the field, announcing the other side's first move.

Black's move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)