More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FenFenScreeScree FenFenScreeScree

Are you ready for school?

Welcome to Alpha and Omega University

You're 18 now. Fresh out of high school, after one long summer break intended to give you an opportunity to prepare yourself. You packed all of the worldly possessions you were granted leave to bring with you-- electronics, books, school supplies, clothes, et cetera-- and when the tour bus arrived at your house to pick you up and take you to your school district's AOU, you nearly wept, already anticipating homesickness. You hugged your papa and dad, told them goodbye, and walked out the front door with your two suitcases, not to be seen again for some time. Of course, you'd call and even video-chat when you could, but from this point on, you were an adult, off to carve your own path in the world.

When you approached the bus, the luggage compartment opened up, and you stowed your things before stepping up the narrow stairs and into the aisle, where you silently nodded to the driver before looking for the best place to sit.

The bus itself was almost half-full, with a few various groups spread out amongst the seats, already forming cliques. Way in the back of the bus, you could feel the eyes of four boys dressed in a mix of punk-style leather jackets and sports tees, likely older than you, looking you up and down like the fresh meat you were. Perhaps they were just coming back from summer break themselves? Sitting here would mean you'd better have thick skin, or else you'll be way in over your head, very fast.

Another group, more in the middle of the bus, consisted of three preppy looking boys your age, giggling amongst themselves after one of them told a crude joke you only caught the tail end of. If you sit here, you'll probably not have too much trouble fitting in, but at the same time will probably be judged based off your appearance or attitude just as quickly as the first group of boys-- though likely not nearly as bad.

Lastly there were four nervous looking kids more to the front of the bus, not speaking amongst themselves. They all looked so much smaller than everyone else on the bus, and you could swear one of them was wearing a hair clip when he looked up at you briefly, only to turn his head away and avoid your gaze. If you were to sit with these guys, you'd likely face the least amount of harassment on the two-hour trip to the University.

Where will you sit?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)