More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mally01 mally01

Coronation.Which path awaits.

War Path. Preface.

Freeconia and Kuddonara had been at war for 5 years since their King, King Huganon had decided to cross into Freeconia and attack the border villages. Queen Alcippe had gathered her three daughters around her Arerto the eldest Chasin her middle daughter and Karleen her youngest. They were not just her daughters they were also generals commanding units of her army so she could trust them. Kuddonara had recently gained a new ally so now the Freeconian troops had to fight on the southern and eastern border and Arerto found her troops heavily engaged in the south. Chasin had command of the reserve army which was covering the northern and western border while Karleen commanded the eastern army. The four of them looked grimly at the map and Alcippe asked for advice from her daughters. Arerto being the eldest spoke up telling her mother that they could not hope to defeat both at the same time. They should destroy one then the other. Alcippe asked how they would do this because as soon as they fully engaged one army the other would attack in full . Arerto told her mother that if Chasin and Karleen could hold the three borders she would attack Kuddonara in the south in a preemptive . Alcippe pondered the plan and then asked what Arerto's troop disposition was and Arerto replied that she had around 15000 fighting troops broken up between spear fighters and archer and cavalry. Around another 15000 support troops who could carry weapons if needed. Karleen enquired how many enemy troops were going to be engaged and Arerto responded that the latest estimates put the enemy numbers at 70000. Alcippe nodded her appreciation at Arerto but told her that the odds were too slim and Arerto agreed that she gave herself and her troops a one in three chance of winning. She added that it was better odds than being conquered by doing nothing. Alcippe reluctantly agreed to the plan and wished her daughters farewell as they went back to their commands. Arerto summoned her messenger and handed her a scroll and told her to ride to her HQ as fast as possible. Arerto rode with the rest of her entourage knowing that the war was about to take a new direction.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)