More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by splotch splotch

What is Lauren doing at home

Waking up

Lauren jolted awake. Her alarm was blaring. What time was it? She grabbed her phone. 7:30?! She’s overslept again! Lauren jumped up, threw off her pajamas and scrambled into the bathroom. She turned on the shower and… nothing. The water was out! With an annoyed growl Lauren threw on a towel and hurried out her front door. Barefoot she stepped out and saw the apartment manager walking by.

“Alan!!!” Lauren screeched. Alan Bishop, her landlord, flinched at the familiar sound.

“Hello Lauren!” He said in a friendly tone.

“The water is out.” Lauren said, shutting off any chance of small talk.

“Yes, we sent several notices informing all tenants…”

“I don’t read every piece of junkmail.” Lauren cut him off.

Alan glanced towards Lauren’s mailbox, which was overflowing with bills.

“I have to work.” Lauren said firmly. “I need a shower and I need it now.”

Alan glanced at Lauren, noting her towel and bare feet. Feeling exposed, Lauren squirmed and crossed her arms over her chest to hide her lack of padding and keep her towel in place.

“Well luckily Lauren, we installed an outdoor shower for tenants.”

Alan gestured at a hanging shower curtain which already had a line of Lauren’s neighbors forming.

“You expect me to shower… outdoors?!” Lauren exclaimed.

“We’ll, if you want to could get a hotel room…” Alan suggested, trying to be helpful.

“I can’t afford that!” Lauren replied angrily. She only had a half hour before work. What would she do?!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)