More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Hiddenblade Hiddenblade

What's next?

Waking up in another world.

Sensation slowly returns. I feel the warmth of the sun and a light breeze, comfortably cool against my skin. I hear the rustle of long grass and the chirp of insects around me. Taking a deep breath, I am flooded with the scent of the countryside in summer. Something isn’t right, but I am far too disorientated to put my finger on the cause of my unease. Slowly, I open my eyes, the bright light causing me to squint until my eyes adjust.

Above me, the occasional wispy cloud dots the otherwise clear deep blue sky. A beautiful summer's day, nevertheless, something is wrong. Sitting up, I examine my surroundings. I am lying in a field of tall green grass, rolling hills flowing off far into the distance, only interrupted by the occasional tree. The only sign of civilisation in the picturesque landscape is a dirt road winding its way up and around the rolling hills. In one direction, the road extends off a considerable way into the distance, eventually entering a far-off forest and out of sight. In the other direction and much closer, the road climbs a hill, then drops out of sight.

Things finally click into place and I spring to my feet whist I wildly look around, not quite believing my eyes. No bookshop.

With a brief search, I determine that there isn’t some terrible monster about to eat me nearby. No terrible monsters that I can see, anyway, I think, as I eye the long grass with mistrust. My mind whirls as I try to work out what the ever-loving fuck is going on. I had been joking back in the store about the other world stuff, but a small part of me, the small nerdy part discontent with my old life and with dreams of magic and heroes, was dancing a metaphorical jig. The book’s title had been something about a Lust Mage, right? I wonder if that means I can do magic? Experimentally, I point the palm of my right hand towards the sky and, in a voice tinged with gravitas, I mutter the name of a tried a true classic, “Fireball.”

Nothing happens.

“Well, shit.” Sheepishly, I lower my arm, glancing around to make sure that no one had suddenly appeared to witness my gaff. The fields around me still monster free, I consider my options. A thought springs to mind and with nothing to lose, I decide to give it a shot. Status.

Recently, I had been reading a lot of LitRPG’s. They were a lot like normal fantasy or sci-fi worlds, but always had a game-like system that characters could use to grow stronger. Universal amongst the books I had read was a status screen, a screen that showed a character’s level, skills, and other important information. To my mild surprise and delight, the mental command works, and a small box of text grows and takes up most of my vision. With mounting excitement, I read through the information.


Name: Emily Silver.

Age: 21.

Race: Human.

Gender: Female.

Class: Lust Mage.

Aura: Rank F.

Languages: English (fluent).

Active Abilities:

None.

Passive Abilities:

Arcane Linguist (Class Ability):

You can speak, read, and write any language you hear up to the Uncommon rank fluently. This ability also allows for limited conversation with monsters.

Lust Immunisation (Class Ability):

You are immune to all non-magical STD’s and can pass your immunity on to others through sexual contact and the expenditure of Aura.

Skills: Athletics (F), Acrobatics (G), Hand to hand (G).


So, my wizardly powers are magic translation and anti-herpes, really!? despite my griping, I have a massive smile on my face. From books I had read I have a pretty good idea how invaluable the universal translator was, but I am a little nonplussed about the STD immunity. I was by no means a virgin, but as abilities go, it was hardly standard. Perks of being a lust mage, I guess. I shrug, then frown Noting the absence of any mention of pregnancy. Back on earth, I had been on the pill, but that probably wouldn't be an option here. Ah well, i'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Closing my stat page, I make my way over to the road, all the while considering the information presented. No levels or attributes to speak of, maybe those values are hidden? No idea what Aura is, but it sounds like it might be this world's Mana? I’m assuming that ranks for skills and things start at G for god awful and go up from there, so plenty of room for growth.

The crunch of the dirt and gravel beneath my trainer interrupts my inner monologue. I have reached the road. To my left, the road leads up the hill and out of sight. To my right, the road continues a while then cuts into a forest. Taking a moment, I consider, which way should I go?

Which Way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)