More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Gatsha Gatsha

What's next?

Vs. Donkey Kong!

Lucina, the princess of Ylisse, silently stalked onto the battlefield. The time-travelling noblewoman could not possibly look more out of place: the arena for her match that day was a rickety wood structure properly described as an elaborate treehouse. The setting sun and the babbling river below actually made the locale quite scenic... which was in stark contrast with the state of the treehouse, itself.

A humongous monkey was taking a nap on the far side of the platform. The only sounds in the otherwise still forest were the roar of the rapids far below and the snore of the king of the jungle, distinguishable from any ordinary monkey both by his enormous size and his red tie, bearing his initials. He was lazing around, surrounded both by the discarded peels of bananas and intact bunches.

Ordinarily, the blue-haired princess wouldn't dishonorably approach for a surprise attack like this. But seeing the state of her opponent, she had to wonder if he was even aware this was a match. "Isn't he... just a large monkey? This feels more like hunting a beast than fighting a duel..." Lucina thought to herself. There was no code of conduct for hunting beasts for survival, at least as far as she was concerned... except to give them a quick and merciful end.

Meanwhile, upon a floating platform on a separate plane from the arena, her allies appeared to spectate her fight. The cast included both Chrom, the leader of the Shepherds and Lucina's father, as well as Robin, the (male) tactician of their group. Chrom had a broad smile on his face, eager to see his daughter add a victory to her tally, while Robin wore a completely opposite frown of concern.

"Aha! Here we go," Chrom exclaimed, leaning over the railing for a better look. "We're finally here!"

Robin let out a sigh, watching the arena below pensively. "I'm worried for you. If you knew the score, you would worry, too."

Chrom just shrugged off the concern, applauding for his daughter. "Put your hands together if you want to clap, as she cuts into this monkey's nap!"

Robin only grunted in response. "It's DK... Donkey Kong," he muttered ominously under his breath. "DK... it's just as I feared."

Why is Robin concerned?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)