More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ebanu8 Ebanu8

What do you do?

Visit Olga in her home

You honestly did not think it would be a great idea to meet with the Dark Elf Queen Olga, given what you heard on her opinion of Humans and other races she deems inferior, and if things went south and you failed to play your cards properly, your Kingdom would easily cease to exist.

But at the same time, she holds dominion over one of the greatest monster armies the land has ever seen, and Olga and her people have long held the disputed land of Ganadonia - sandwiched between your kingdom of Danubia (the largest and strongest on the continent of Euron) and the Desert Sultinates of the East, where her people were driven away from.

Though synergistic rule with her would give you a direct border with the Desert Sultinates, whose near-constant border conflicts would give you trouble, it would give you direct rule over Ganadonia as well and solve a long-standing territorial dispute, and it would mollify troubled citizens who were troubled by the presence of said monsters.

With that in mind, you set out for Ganadonia with heavy security in tow, your bodyguard Matilda accompanying you.

"This is it, My King," Said Matilda, "The border to Ganadonia."

The border was full of heavily forested grassland dotted with lines of watchtowers and fortresses, easily defensible and outfitted with a network of signal fires in case of an invasion. And patrolling these lands were a mixture of Dark Elves and Olga's monster servants. The former had the benefit of their superior archery and swordsmanship and their armour, whilst the monsters, despite being less well-equipped, had strong bulk and strength and would butcher any lesser armies with brute strength alone.

Coming to a stop just before the border, your entourage is intercepted by a band of Dark Elven troops clad in thick armour, crossing their spears.

"I beg your pardon, my Lord, but what reason do you have for visiting Ganadonia?" Said their captain.

He's got a good head on his shoulders, You thought.

Trotting forward, you said, "I am Xarric Crown, King of Danubia. I come on a royal visit to Ganadonia to see Queen Olga."

As the Dark Elven troops whisper among themselves, you hand to the captain a scroll bearing your Royal seal which he quickly inspects. He then salutes you, saying, "Beg your pardon, Your Majesty. You may pass."

Barking orders, his troops immediately part for your entourage to pass through, the other patrols keeping a terribly close eye on you.

"They still seem suspicious of us, My King," Said Matilda.

"How can they not be?" You said, "For generations, Kings and Queens before my father's tenure have hotly contested them for control of Ganadonia, ever since the rule of King Sigmar I. Thanks to my father Gabriel, we have peaceful relations and rich trade, but the scars don't fade so easily, their views on other races aside."

"If they do disrespect you, I will cut them down," Said Matilda.

"I'd rather you don't, at least not here," You said, "This is a very tumultuous time for us, and if you do kill someone, we'll be seen as untrustworthy and they'll have legitimate reason to declare war on us. I don't think I need to remind you how many times our generals had their hands burned by their armies, no?"

Matilda grit her teeth, but nodded.

Days would pass by, and soon you arrive at the capital of Ganadonia, the city of Akeskersha. A massive city housing close to a million in population, it was a sprawling metropolis thriving from a robust and diverse trade economy, protected by thick and high walls and turrets armed with the deadliest rune-enchanted artillery crafted by Ironbeard Dwarven hands.

Within its walls lived a variety of species - Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins and Harpies - patrolled regularly by disciplined city guardsmen who salute you as you pass by, though some give you stares of mistrust and suspicion, some guardsmen gripping their weapons tightly.

You soon arrive at the Asheqlevn Palace, a majestic structure with tall spires and elegant stained glass windows and curves, designed to be as much a fortress as a symbol of power.

The Royal Guards let you in, and you take a moment to look around the palace's interior, built of beautiful marble and lavishly decorated with silk curtains, gold-trimmed rugs and painted with beautiful colours. Such was its beauty and grandeur that it put the Palast der Krone to shame.

And sitting upon a grand throne of finely burnished mahogany and plush violet cushion was Queen Olga herself.

A stately woman of great dignity and equal arrogance, she looked at you with an inquisitive look of interest. Rumours and reports of her beauty did not do her justice; she was so beautiful and shapely that any man who looked upon her would be overcome with lust, barely able to hold themselves together.

For the sake of politics and your image, you held yourself together.

"I greet you, Queen Olga of Ganadonia," You said, voice calm, "I am King Xarric Crown of Danubia, and I come to you with an offer of marriage and Queenship."

How does Olga react to your offer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)