More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by worldbong worldbong

What are Katya's plans for the day?

Visit Harold at work

It had been a while since Katya set foot in her husband’s office. Of course, she had been here a bunch of time over the years. The last time was for the annual staff party in November. That was the most enlightening event of all. It was when she finally met everyone working at the company, well, almost everyone. The Annual party was attended by all the executives, senior partners and junior partners, except for Peter Warrington, the Overseas marketing director, one of the co-founders of the company. Rumor has it that he is involved in the dark matters of the company and is closely linked to the underworld. But, who gives a damn about rumors.

Some of the company officials involved:

  • The CEO and legal owner of the company - Mr. Patrick Robinson

He is a very reserved man, always looking smart. Katya met him first on her wedding day. Harold had already been working for the company when they got married. Patrick Robinson was one of the VIP guests for their big night. Robinson is a very imposing man. Though already in his early 60s he looks a dashing 40 and is very gallant. He danced with Katya twice on her wedding night and proved a very good dancer. Katya is quite impressed by him.

  • The Financial director – Mr. Wayne Toping

He is also one of the co-founders of the company. Katya does not know much about him. Except that he is married and has three children. His wife never attended any company event.

  • The Overseas marketing director – Mr. Peter Warrington.

Allegedly, has some ties with the underworld and takes care of the dirty business of the company.

  • The Accounting director – Mr. Jacob Watman.

He is among the largest share-holders of the company and is the direct supervisor of Harold’s department. Katya thinks that Watman is a funny man. He likes joking and seems very friendly, though Harold thinks otherwise. Harold and the other employees claim that they have never seen him smile, let alone laugh. But each time Katya meets him, he tells her a joke or another. Harold thinks that he just fancies her and takes pride in that.

  • The PR and human-resources director – Mr. Ken Gore

Katya thinks that he is ok. In his late 50s, also looks younger. He is usually courteous and polite.

These 5 gentlemen are the founding fathers of the company. They are basically friends who started a simple company which is now one of the leading auditing and accounting companies in the country.

The senior partners include two lawyers, Mr. Bernard Flaw and Mr. Ali Jozeer, three accountants, Mr. Wang Ho, Mr. Toby Maugba and John Genis and one economist, Mrs. Jenna Marks.

The Junior partners are Toby Wallace, Gary Holkin, Harold Fisher, Finn Nichols and Terry Zola.

Katya met everyone but still does not know much of the others except for Harold’s colleagues, who would often come over for poker nights, well, all before the Fishers’ financial crisis.

Gary Holkin, is really into Katya. She can tell from all the flirting as soon as Harold has his back turned away. He actually even kissed her during one of the poker games. Well here’s how the story goes. The boys were playing their usual Holdem session and Katya was in the kitchen preparing some snacks. Gary suddenly appeared in the kitchen.

"So, lost all your money again?"

Gary smirked. He said nothing, simply eyeing Katya. She saw that and taunted him.

"Like my new dress, Gary?"

"You look like a goddess in any dress, Katya. But right now I’m trying to imagine you without one."

"Cheeky cheeky Gary! But still, I’m curious, what you think I look like without the dress."

Of course, Katya meant all that in a joking way. She had no idea that Gary was that drunk. He approached her. She was still busy with the snacks. At that moment a paper plate fell down and Katya bent down to pick it up. As she was standing back up Gary grabbed her and stole a kiss on the lips. Katya was caught by surprise.

Katya could have sworn she saw somebody at the door when she finally opened her eyes laughing as she pushed Gary away.

"What the heck, Gary?"

"Oh common, Katya, you know you liked it and that I was just playing you."

"You are an ass-hole, Gary. Now get out of here before I break your head with that rolling pin."

They both laughed but Katya knew he did it on purpose.

Present

So there she was at the company in the lobby.

Where will she go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)