More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TeratonArm TeratonArm

What type of company or marketing icon are we going to follow today?

Video Game Consoles

At several hundred bucks a pop, video game consoles are heavy purchases on their own right, let alone the $30-$60 price tag on the games you'd play on them. Each console has their own pros, cons, and catalog of content, not to mention the companies that produce them.

List of characters:

Rinrendo: A longstanding Japanese company, known positively for their innovative and unusual controllers and memorable franchises, and less so for their lacking supply of their anxiously sought after products and, in some people's eyes, being overly childish and gimmicky.

Rinrendo PlayGirl:

Rinrendo PlayBox: A classic console with plenty of unique games, some of which are still actively played today, PlayBox is a stabilizing within the Rinrendo family. She stays in contact with her siblings very well (some of them with the help of special peripheries), and is very caring and willing to share with her siblings. Has a friendly rivalry going with the Zoni GameCenter 2.

Appearance: Short and stout; boxy, broad, and buxon. Wears a purple tee and set of shorts with a black undershirt and silver accessories.

Rinrendo Uss U: The older sister of the current generation, Uss U has a more mature air than her siblings, though is still lax enough to have fun with. Frustrated frequently by the lack of respect she gets for her less-than-stellar commercial performance, she has issues with her parent company that make family gatherings a mite awkward at times. Not-so-secretly has an addiction to collectible figurines. Carries a special tablet around with her at all times, giving her special abilities.... but it can also cause embarrassing things happen to her if anyone manages to take it from her.

Appearance: Tall but lacking in curves: another point of frustration and insecurity. Professionally dressed in a black dress and jacket, wears glasses. Black hair and blue eyes.

Rinrendo 3TS: Successor to the widely appreciated Rinrendo TouchScreen handheld system, 3TS is a sensible young man with a good head on his shoulder but has a tendency to try adding too much onto an already good thing. For one thing, he gets touchy about his oft-mocked 'depth-projection' ability, allowing him to project 3-D images, but in a way that most people would rather do without, finding it gimmicky and/or headache inducing. Still, he's hardy and skilled, friendly to a fault, and surprisingly sensitive. Often palling around with his younger sister, 2TS, who often drags him into situations he'd rather avoid.

Appearance:

Rinrendo 2TS: More stubborn and less flexible than her slightly older, nearly identical brother, she still looks up to him but often snickers when she inevitably gets him in trouble, even if she's in trouble right alongside him. Hot blooded and confident, she has plenty of skills to back up her big mouth. At least, enough to come out mostly intact.

Appearance: Largely similar to 2TS with a more feminine face and a more upright posture. Despite being flat, she's fit and self-assured in her body, and even likes showing off, to a certain degree.

Rinrendo Shift: The new kid on the block, Shift comes with all sorts of new tech, including a fancy set of robotic limbs she can slot over her normal limbs for extra power. Truth be told, she's still pretty capable without them- but is a lot more mobile, until she needs to recharge. Always looking for a good time with friends, Shift can be cocky and flighty, and unknowingly makes some of her older siblings self-conscious over her ability to play games both at home and on the go.

Appearance: Short and stacked, slightly taller with her robotic limbs.

Zoni: A multimedia electronics company also founded in Japan that holds it's "GameCenter" video games division as one of it's more lucrative investments. With a sleeker look than many of it's competitors, the GameCenter series suffers from a relative scarcity of accompanying games, at least around their release.

Zoni GameCenter 2: (Soft spoken but tall, dark, and dependable. Had a rivalry with the Rinrendo PlayBox back in the day, which has evolved into a mutual but still competitive respect nowadays.)

Zoni GameCenterGo: (Big media buff, but very difficult to please. Poor battery life- gets tired very quickly. First to use UMD, also the last, as it wasn't very good- . Not really seen around a lot anymore.)

Zoni GameCenter 4: (Awkward at first but growing into more prominent image, has problems dealing with people now expecting more of her?)

Zoni GameCenter Exel: (Shut-in failed handheld console. Did better than the GCG, but still had a distinct lack of success even despite being pushed decently by her company; feels pretty bad about her failure, kind of cynical. Waaaaaay into anime and other Japanese pop culture stuff; open about that, but gets embarrassed by some of the dirtier stuff that comes up.)

Macroware: An American company best known for their computer software, Macroware's VCube are technologically powerful, if bogged down by frustrating interfaces and other, unwanted but corporate-mandated features. They maintain a steady enough fanbase, especially surrounding FPS games, but have problems trying to understand what their consumers actually want sometimes.

VCube: (Chill older sister, always down to hang out but tends to keep people later than they meant without them even realizing. Somehow always has access to chips and/or soda, really easy-going but bad at being urgent when needed to. Comfy, baggy clothes hide a very nice, slightly chubby figure.)

VCube 720: (All bark and no bite; looks like a rad, super cool, well put together dude, but absolutely cannot handle pressure; breaks down and crashes pretty easily under stress. Like, not even that much stress, either. In his 'Blue Box of Doom' state, he's nearly unresponsive for a while; nicer people might lie him down on something out of the way, but anyone who doesn't like him or doesn't care can easily mess with him before he wakes up. Redeeming qualities: pretty good fashionista, not bad at communicating with folks when he isn't grandstanding.)

VCube 2: (Awkward guy, a little short. Good at things, bad at fitting in, more active than one might expect but impulsive. Recording one-eye eyepiece gives him a somewhat justified reputation as a voyeur.)

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)