More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by wicker wicker

Who watches the tape?

Victoria

"Ms. Masters, Mrs. Rambin is here," said Gwen, the secretary.

"Fine, Gwen, send her in."

"Yes, ma'am."

Victoria smiled. Tammy Rambin was about to go to court next hour against her millionaire ex-husband in their divorce suit. She stood to gain a huge chunk of change. She stood up and smothed her navy blue skirt and straightend the lapels on her matching blazer. She patted her finely coiffed hair and walked toward the door.

The door opened and Tammy walked in. She looked scared. She carried a box in her hands, and her purse was slung over her arm.

"Tammy, what's wrong?" asked Victoria.

Tammy looked at the floor. "I settled. Michael is a saint, and I'm a stuck up, slutty bitch."

"What? You did what?"

"I settled. I signed the papers last night. They're in my purse." She set the box down on the desk and took some papers out of her purse. "I signed away all my rights to anything he owns. I get nothing."

"What?! You were standing to get at least $50,000 a month!" Victoria snatched the papers and looked them over. "Why the hell did you do this?"

"Because I'm a stupid slut," Tammy said meekly. She opened the box and took out a pie covered in whipped cream. "I have this for you, though."

Victoria was fuming, but she looked over at Tammy only to get the pie shoved her face. She sputtered and stood there in shock. She was blinded and started to wipe the pie from her eyes.

"Please just watch this tape!" said Tammy, "Just watch it all the way through; it explains everything!" Tammy ran out in tears.

Victoria wiped the pie, which was chocolate and whipped cream, from her face. It had gotten all over her blazer and silk blouse. She called in Gwen who got some paper towels from the restroom.

Victoria went home as the court session was over and cleaned up. She put the video on and watched it. It did not seem to make any sense. She shook her head and went back to work.

Back at work she got a call from Tammy. "What do YOU want?" said a furious Victoria.

"Did you watch the tape?"

"Yeah, it made no sense. What the hell was that all about?"

"I'm sorry. Don't blame me or sue me or hold me responsible. I'm sorry," said Tammy before hanging up.

Victoria sat at her desk for a moment then shrugged. She sighed and put the Rambin file away. Gwen called and said Hal, the young paralegal was outside with some briefs he had prepared. She called him in.
Hal had done a lot of work for Victoria, but she never thanked him as he was just an underling doing what he was supposed to do. She looked over the briefs. "Looks good. Now get started on the Prentiss file."

"OK, just take me out for drinks tonight to thank me for my excellent work!" Hal said with a smile.

"Smart ass twerp," thought Victoria. "Whatever," she said. Hal left.

The rest of the day went by with Victoria talking to clients and reviewing possible cases. At 5:00 she found herself at Hal's desk. She was a bit confused.

"What do you need?" asked Hal.

"I'm here...to take you for drinks," said Victoria not looking him in the eye.

"Seriously?" said Hal.

"Um, yeah, let's just go," said an annoyed Heather.

"Ooooh Kay, let's go!"

Soon they were at a nearby bar. Hal ordered a beer and a shot of whiskey, but Victoria ordered a club soda.

"Oh live a little. Have a couple of shots of tequila," Hal said jokingly.

Victoria called the waitress over. "Two shots of tequila please," she said not believing what she was saying.

"There ya go!" said Hal

the evening goes on

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)