More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Jizzrar Jizzrar

How will this dark lord appear?

Underworld (A Dummy's Guide)

So, the bleak and misty Underworld got your interest, though not sure why. Maybe you're just a necrophiliac...no judgement. At any rate, you might be having some trouble on how to go about this...well, hopefully this guide will give you a bit of a clue.


Your character will be known as "The Master Lich", a of , curses, and disease. You can appear as any sort of undead that you so desire, it will not affect your magic capabilities, though physical attributes might be affected. You gain all the benefits and, sadly, the downfalls of undeath...all perspective really, half-full or half-empty, take your pick.

As the Master Lich, you will be more of an intellectual lord and more dependent on either having an army that's quick to assemble, or have a vast array of magic at your command. The only things left to do, is decide between these crucial choices:

Intellect or Will? Subterfuge or Totalitarian?


Spell Types-

Intellect - This is more focused on actual spell casting rather than summoning rituals. As such, you are more dominant in the fields of offensive dark magics, crafting plagues and pestilence, and creating curses. You'll rely more on yourself to do your dirty work and need to keep your mind as your strongest asset.

Resource type - Mana, a ever constantly growing resource pool that can be expanded upon by several means. However, it is not very potent as it can be used up rather quickly.

Will - You are a ruler and creator of the undead. You specialize in amassing large legions of the undead to obey your command, the higher your Will, the more numerous and stronger your minions will become. Sadly you will sacrifice capabilities in casting spells and such, though what good will that do you when you have an army of eternal slaves?

Resource type - Soulstones, a natural growing crystal within the Underworld that you can find in the darkest corners of its caverns. Though usually, it is empty as it grows. You can collect as much as you like, but it will do you no good until you find spirits from the other realms that wander in and use them to fill the stones. These stones are used for rituals needed to other convert undead to your Will, or to create new undead minions.

Ruler Personalities-

Subterfuge - You understand the delicate balance needed to keep life and happy...to have that right amount of the living and the undead to keep things going strong. You also understand that the living have their uses for those of undeath. You can manipulate this concept and take advantage of it all for your benefit, in whatever you wish.

Totalitarian - Life is the disease upon the realms, not undeath or your beautiful, precious plagues. Life was meant to die and bolster your power, which you are just so eager to complete. Your life goal is to end all life and usher in a glorious age of . Woe upon the living, for you are here and none shall live.


Sadly, you may only choose one of each for these categories. But with this choice, shall determine how your character will be shaped, its forces shall come to be, and what will happen to the world around you.

Now, for some info on the Underworld and its denizens...


The Underworld is called such because unlike other realms, it is connected to all the other realms via a spiritual connection. Only special beings can go to the Underworld physically without going through Aegius first, though souls and spirits come and go like water in a stream. Thus leading to its current state...

It's a land filled with undead, monsters of itself. Though, long ago the undead were a natural occurrence, but no more. The only natural progenitors of the undead are the Vampiric Lords that rule from their castles. From them and their supernatural necrotic powers, they have managed to weaponize the soulstones found in the caverns of this lifeless land and create their own personal vanguards. They share no love for each other, but they dare not make a move to become the one who wiped out their own brothers and sisters.

There is no minds of the masses to manipulate, the only free thinkers are the Vampiric Lords and the ghosts that find their way into the Underworld.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)