More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Loeman Loeman

Where are you headed?

Tymoris, capital city of your homeland

It couldn't be a finer day. The sun beats down from a mostly-blue sky, its rays complemented by a light breeze and occasionally obscured by puffy white clouds. In the distance, split by the grand river Entrador, lies the great capital of your great country Lonquinland.

You visited this place, long ago when you were a budding adventurer with dreams of making enough money to buy your first magical weapon and worries about having enough copper to buy a room for a night in the seedy dock-district inns. Now you've come back - the savior of the entire nation, the destroyer of its greatest threats time and again. A celebrity, a hero unparalleled. For most travelers the great city could be a dangerous place. It was for you once. The dangers are no less now, but you are so much greater. From a bluff you take in the sights, the memories of the melting-pot city, home mostly to humans but also to elves, dwarves, gnomes, and more. Even the occasional civilized goblin and even more exotic residents called this place home. A constant stream of ships enter and leave the coastal harbors, and smaller river boats fight their way up and down the congested highway that feeds the great city from farms and settlements across the land.

Because of your conquering of its enemies the city is more prosperous, bustling more than ever. Shoddy construction has taken root even outside the famed great walls of Tymoris; as settlers have become more bold, less concerned about long-dead threats that you and the army have vanquished together.

But who are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)