More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BoredTBDL2 BoredTBDL2

Whats the plan?

Travel with Mike’s sister

Technically Jenna was older than Mike, but it was only by a little less than a year. She still hung out with Mike and you and didn’t seem to have any superiority complex about it. You grew up with her just as much as you grew up with Mike. She would help you two with girl problems, or give advice on teachers she’d had the year before. You would even be invited to some of her sleepovers where innocent, though embarrassing memories were made. Having Jenna along with you was sure to make things fun.

Jenna had moved out of her parents place a year before Mike, and was the reason he chose to rent a house where he did, and since you lived close to Mike, you lived close to Jenna. You walked over to her apartment after talking to her over the phone for a bit. You regretted not talking to her more often. She always had something interesting to say.

After almost getting run over by someone who was apparently too stupid to figure out their turn signal, you reached her complex. It was nice, definitely higher end of what a middle class wage could afford. After finding her building, Jenna buzzed you in. You found her room easily, as she called your name as soon as you entered her floor.

It was nice to catch up with her, even if you weren’t willing to drink again just then. You were always amazed by how much she did, probably because she never bragged about it to anyone. Hell, you only found out that she had gotten into varsity volleyball in sophomore year of high school when she made you wear her uniform in senior year for a dare.

Eventually conversation died down a little, and you brought up your conversation with her brother from the night before.

“...I haven’t planned anything yet, but I wanted to invite you. It’s been to long since we’ve been able to do stuff together.”

She bit her lip, like she always did when she was thinking. “I might be able to. I can definitely spare the vacation days, but I’d hate to abandon something that I’ve already said I’d do. Let me check my schedule.”

Your mind was filled with excitement and worry. The fact that it was a possibility wasn’t something that you’d taken for granted, but you didn’t know what you’d do if she couldn’t. Of course you couldn’t blame her if she couldn’t go; you were asking her to put her life on hold to go on a vacation you hadn’t even planned.

She looked up on her phone, and with a relieving smile, told you that she would be able to, and she would just have her friend take care of her work project for that week. Apparently she owed Jenna a favor.

“But I want to plan it,” she said. “I have the perfect idea, and I’ve been dying to do something like this. We should go as soon as possible though. Meet me by my car in an hour?”

“Absolutely, I’ll be quick,” you said, your appreciation obvious in your voice.

FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER

You weren’t too sure what to pack, so you just filled a duffel bag with basic clothes and toiletries. You knew that if Jenna needed you to bring anything for her, she’d ask you, so you were able to be back at her car even earlier than you needed to be. She was notoriously impatient with life. She wouldn’t get upset at people if they took too long, but she hated waiting around for things to happen. The least you could do for her coming with you and planning everything would be to make sure you wouldn’t make her wait.

You’d only just sat down on a bench by her apartment building when she came out the door next to you.

Jack, thank god you’re here, could you help me bring some stuff to my car?” Jenna asked.

There were three bags including yours. None were notably heavy, so you were able to bring them to her car in one trip while she started the engine.

Hopping in the passenger seat and closing the door behind you, you asked her what she had in mind.

Where are you going?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)