More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TheMouse TheMouse

What do you do now?

Train

A few hours pass, and you haven't seen Raven since. You decided that you've spent enough time playing on the game system you've made your way into your training area that cyborg built for you. You've worked up a good sweat with the weights attached to your arms and legs, hopping around the room. You try to move like a blur doing your best to keep your mind off three weeks alone with Raven. She has never been too keen to be around you, but now she seems always to want to be attached to your arm. You weren't used to all the attention from others, especially women, since you grew up training and in a harsh environment to kill or be killed. Those were the words you lived by.

The weights were causing your mussels to burn as you punched and kicked around the room, moving like the wind. The training helped clear your mind and focused your instincts. Once you were drenched in sweat, you stood in the centre of the room, trying to steady your rapid breathing. After a final breath, you see the room around you from the vibrations in the air. This was one of your abilities extra senses. Even blindfolded, you could fight like a master. It took years and a lot of blood to get where you are now, and you're scared covered body was proof of this.

You draw your main blade. It was a gift from your mother for your fifth birthday. You outstretch your arm, getting used to the extra weight before you begin to move.

A downward slash followed by a sideways slice, soon you don't even notice the weights, and you move your body and blade as if they were one. You don't think you do, moving unpredictable and yet with the precision of a skilled killer. You then feel a vibration in the air behind you. Your body moves on its own, bringing the sword forward in a lightning strike, but stopping moments before you hit the target.

"Rider", Raven calls out, you open your eyes and see her floating in front of you, your blade inches away from her face, yet she showed no fear.

"Raven," you say, concerned, dropping the blade and the weights ", I'm so sorry I didn't- how long have you been there." Raven didn't seem fazed at all by your actions, "It's alright, Rider, I should have been more careful." Her eyes are locked onto your bear and sweaty chest. "It was very impressive; I would love to watch you some more."

You feel the blood rush to your checks and grab a towel to cover yourself. Why are you always like this around women? "But it will have to wait. We have a situation."

"What's the issue?" you ask, dressing while Raven waited outside.

"A few moments ago, there was a silent alarm triggered at the city bank."

"A bank? Isn't that more police work? Us going in is like using a rocket launcher on a mouse."

"Normally yes, but this is one of the most secured palaces in the city. You'd need some serious firepower to break in. Not to mention that there are some ancient and powerful Items held at that place."

"Powerful like a bomb or guns?"

"No, magical items, ones that no-one can use unless you know what you're doing."

You felt a shiver run up your back. People dealing with magic is never a good idea, "when do we leave." You say, stepping out with blade in hand.

Raven grins, "Now."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)