More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SquashedFlat SquashedFlat

What Does The Day Bring?

Townsfolk Have Been Going Missing After Dark. Head Out On A Night Patrol.

As dusk settled on the little town of Gold Springs, and sunlight was replaced by the dim glow of lamplight, Texas yawned and pushed her hat up from over her eyes. While she did have a bed in the upstairs portion of the sheriff's office, she personally preferred napping at her desk, her gun and lasso within easy reach in case of sudden emergencies. It certainly wasn't comfortable by any means, but her job wasn't really a comfortable one, so she saw it as a good fit. After standing up and stretching out her aching limbs, the weasel gave a tired sigh and headed for the door, ready for her night patrol.

Stepping out into the town at night, she instantly shivered as the biting night wind blew through her. The temperature dropped so quickly as night fell, but as the weasel began to walk, she figured that was Gold Springs in a nutshell. A town of extremes. Hot and cold, big and small, good and evil, this place didn't seem to do anything in moderation. Musing as she strolled through the streets, the weasel heard the muted sounds of laughter and music coming from the saloons, where most of the citizenry retired in the evening before heading home, the noise barely cutting through the still night air. Up ahead, the warm lights of L'Odeur Séduisante, the town's all-skunk brothel, spilled out onto the streets. As she approached, a few of the curvacious skunk girls began to approach, hoping to lure her inside, but as they saw the light glinting off her badge, they quickly turned up their noses haughtily, heading back into the light and the warmth of the brothel's common room.

Shaking her head, Texas moved on, but as she did, she couldn't help but feel that she was being followed. Turning, the weasel looked back the way she had come, but the lights from the brothel had ruined her night vision. She fancied that, just for a split second, she had seen something dart back into an alleyway, but she couldn't really say for sure... Still, it wouldn't hurt to go looking, would it? Or she could just continue the patrol. Or maybe even head back into the brothel, and see what the Madame knew about the disappearances. Texas and Lucy weren't on great terms, what with the curvy skunk being on Vivian's payroll, but at least she wasn't as outright hostile as some of the girls around here...

Where To Start?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)