More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by converselover36 converselover36

Whose story shall we tell?

Tomoe's Gloved Supervision

"Miss Tomoe I'm disappointed to see you here again" said the judge staring intensely at the young woman in front of her.

“I’ve seen you here for three counts of petty theft, two counts of disorderly conduct for fighting, and even a count of grand theft.”

“It was just a damn bike!” thought Tomoe regarding the grand theft.

Each time, I’ve taken your age and your situation into account with the hope that you would learn from your mistakes and stay in school. However, obviously you haven’t learned anything.”

“Oh yeah, well what are you going to do about it?” Tomoe snarled. The only thing more intense than Tomoe's tomboy-ish and handsome 169 cm frame and tomboy was her intensity which radiated through the tense courtroom. As the judge had mentioned, this was not Tomoe’s first time in a courtroom and it had felt so much like home that she was still in her stereotypically delinquent sukeban school uniform despite the fact that she had just dropped out rather than continue school into her 19th year. Tomoe looked up at the judge and saw a smile come across her face.

“You’re no longer a high schooler Tomoe and you no longer have the guidance of wiser minds. Not that you listened in the first place. They say that idle hands are the devil’s playthings, and clearly your hands in your search for fulfillment are occupied with crime. If your mind rejects guidance, perhaps your hands won’t. Therefore I sentence you to 6 months of gloved supervision effective immediately. Court dismissed.”

“What is gloved supervision? “ thought Tomoe as the bailiffs took her to a desk for processing. Tomoe knew about sentient gloves but she had never worn any herself as they were either those working in service positions(such as elevator girl or bus guide) or in entertainment(in both mainstream and GAV roles).

“Miss Tomoe, please watch the following video regarding your gloved supervision.” said the bailiff.

“Gloved supervision is a crime deterrent program where participants are paired with a pair of gloves who will provide guidance and mentorship for becoming a productive member of society. Our glove partners have many years of experience especially in the gloved service industry and now want to share their experiences with others.”

“Great, so I have to hang out with a pair of goody two-gloves.” thought Tomoe as she shifted in her seat.

“In the next few minutes you will meet your gloved partners and get to know off your hands. While our gloves have limited mobility while not being worn, their full potential is unlocked when they are being worn, just like we hope your full potential is unlocked by wearing them. After your introduction, it will be time to put the gloves onto your hands. Make sure your hands are clean and groomed before wearing the gloves. After fitting, we will button the gloves at the wrists to ensure they are secure on your hands. After that you must wear the gloves at all possible times whether you are in the home or in public. We understand there are certain situations where you cannot wear gloves. Therefore in situations where the gloves temporarily release you from their supervision, a sensor in the buttons of the gloves will detect if they have been unbuttoned for more than 10 minutes. After ten minutes, the gloves may indicate to us that either your unsupervised time is still approved or if they need police sent to ensure they are worn again. Remember we take gloved supervision very seriously and we will find you.”

“Oh great, and now I’ll be under surveillance too. Fucking fascists.” muttered Tomoe under her breath.

“Next we will talk about what it will be like working with our gloves. As we mentioned, our gloves reach their full potential when they are being worn. A huge part of this is our gloves' ability to physically utilize the human body.”

“WHAT? Are you telling me I’m going to be enslaved by gloves?” yelled Tomoe.

“Quiet down!” said the bailiff, directing Tomoe’s attention back to the screen.

“Upon wearing and buttoning, our gloves will immediately sync themselves to your central nervous system, allowing them simultaneous control of your body. The main goal of the gloved supervision program is for mentorship so most of the gloves’ actions will be through verbal communication. To help the wearer focus on their words and prevent distraction, our gloves will control your hands move them like a mouth as they talk. We hope you take their words seriously and follow their lessons. However, in cases where our gloves feel your actions are improper, they will need to control your hands and arms to perform certain actions or to prevent and correct your actions. While you will be able to control your hands while wearing the gloves, they are allowed to override your movements."

"What?" yelled Tomoe

"In the most dire of situations, our gloves are allowed to take complete control of your body including being able to speak through you. Our gloves take this privilege seriously and will only do so if they feel you are in danger or are a danger to others."

"How is this legal? This is slavery!" screamed Tomoe in horror at the thought of her body being controlled by the gloves.

"Well you shouldn't have committed the crimes. Ok it is time to meet your gloves." Said the bailiff as an officer brought in a pair of white gloves.

Tomoe looked down at the gloves neatly folded in front of her. They looked like a standard pair of white gloves that she saw everyday worn by various public figures from policewomen to elevator girls. They had a pearl snap button and three lines on the back of each hand.

"Ok place your hands and we will put the gloves on" said the officer. Tomoe looked down at her hands as the white fabric encased her fingers. Tomoe's heart began racing. She had seen glove idols on TV and had interacted with various sentient gloves before, but she had never worn any herself.

"Ok, once I snap the gloves at the wrists, they will come alive and your gloved supervision will officially start."

Tomoe felt the click of the buttons as the gloves were now affixed to her hands. Immediately, Tomoe felt a shiver go down her arms. Tomoe tried to move her hands to shake off the feeling, but they wouldn't move. The feeling got more intense and then Tomoe felt her fingers begin to move. Something was commanding her hands to move but it wasn't her but not on her own volition. Her white gloved fingers on both hands came together to form "mouths" and turned towards her.

It is nice to meet you Miss Tomoe", said the white gloves, their voice emitting from Tomoe's gloved hands.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)