More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Jnightshade Jnightshade

Stop on the second floor or head to the third were you are meeting the the girls?

To the third floor

The size of the house is truly impressive. The place must be a hundred thousand square feet. The job your brother's company did renovating is remarkable. The stairs are wide and solid polished oak. You reach the second floor. Two hallways lead off to either side. Both sport tightly woven expensive looking burgandy carpets. The walls are immaculate and painted a light gray. You turn and head up the next staircase.

You reach the third floor marveling that there is still another above you. At the top of the stairs across the hall there is a wrought iron and oak bench. You are about to sit down when you see a figure stagger down the darkly lit hallway toward you. You wonder if he is part of the show.

As he gets closer you recognize him.

"Keith I didn't think you were going to be here."

"Oh god, Jack, you shouldn't have come."

"What do mean this place is amazing."

"It...it's in the basement. Some kind of metal array. We must have triggered it..."

"Slow down Keith what array?"

"Oh, my head...you have to believe me. The show is coming to life. The monsters are becoming real. You have to destroy the array, or failing that burn this place down. Ow!"

"Keith are you ok?"

"No it...it...it wants me to kill you. Getting harder...have to get it off."

You can't imagine what he is talking about. Then you see it. A pulsing bright yellow slug like creature, about three inches long is attached to the back of his neck.

You pull out your jackknife and flip the knife out.

As you move to cut it off Keith screams. "No!"

He swings a fist at you. You dodge it and slice off the slug. As it hits the ground you stomp on it. Keith falls to the ground. You check his vitals. He is alive but just barely. It looks like a tendril has dug itself inside his neck. He is to big to move. You pull out your cell phone and dial nine one one, only to find there is no service here.

Could what Keith said really be happening? Are the exhibits coming to life?

"Shit!" You exclaim. The girls went down to the basement. If this isn't a terrible prank they are grave danger.

Do you try to escape the house, destroy the array, whatever that is, or find the girls?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)