More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Forcy Forcy

Where do you go first once you get there?

To the nearest pawnshop

Once you arrive in the empty alley, you look around to make sure there were no video cameras around to film your arrival. Once you were sure you were in the clear, you opened your huge suitcase and grabbed the cellphone you bought during your last visit a few days ago and checked google maps. You nod slowly as you confirm that your geographic coordinates were precise. Then you turn left so that you can get to the nearest high-end pawn shop for the next part of your plan.

In just a few minutes you open the door and approach the middle age man on the front desk as he looked up from his accounting book.

"Hello, can I help you?"

You smile. "I certainly hope so. I have some gold ingots I wish to sell."

That caught the man's attention as he brightened immediately. "Of course, of course, let me see what you have."

You open your suitcase as the man's jaw drops to the floor.

"H-How many?" He stuttered as he looked at you up and down, reevaluating his opinion of you.

"Right here? A hundred and ten gold bars of one kilogram each," You replied with a smirk. "There is more where that came from, though."

The man looked stunned at that and you couldn't help but grin. It really pays off to use the portals of your interdimensional device to find long lost treasures of other dimensions.

"In case you are wondering, I found all of this in a sunken pirate ship I have been searching for years," You lie. "Because of this, I am afraid I don't really have proper documentation of purchase for these ingots. As a result, I fully expect to get paid less than normal. So, today is your lucky day, my friend."

The man shook himself out of his stupor and you could see the greed in his eyes. "You said there is more where this came from?"

You nod confidently. "I just wanted to bring you a sample first because I wanted to see if you would be willing to do business with me. Did I come to the right place?"

"Definitely, my good sir," He said reverently. "Normally, we would pay about 4 million dollars for this much gold with the proper documentation. But due to these rare circumstances, you don't have that so I am afraid I can't offer you more than 2.5 million dollars."

You make a show of frowning in silent consideration, just to make the man sweat a little. Then you shrugged. "Deal but I want it all in cash even if I have to return before the end of the week. The pawn shop owner smirked widely and we shook on it. After scratching the gold bars to make sure they weren't fakes, he gave you a million dollars upfront and assured you he would have the rest in a couple of days. After carefully putting the money in your suitcase, you used your new phone to call for an Uber ride all the way to your alternate family's house.

After about 45 minutes, you finally reach their front lawn in the suburbs. You smile fondly as you see the resemblance to your family's house before you went to finish college. True, you were still young at 22 years old but that genius breakthrough that allowed you to complete your dimensional transceiver distracted you so much that you almost didn't manage to graduate. But now you are back to explore the -verse and you wonder what the alternate version of your family is like. There are bound to be some key difference in their relationships for obvious reasons after all. Thankfully, you already have an excuse to explain your ignorance of certain details of your relationship with your family and then you will learn more as you go along.

You get out of the Uber and take a deep, nervous breath as you push the doorbell.

Who answers the door and what is their reaction?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)