More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by amon_Baal amon_Baal

Where does the General send them?

To find the heroes who are lost.

“Qiao, you and your people are to find those heroes,” the General said. “They came here to stop this, dead or alive. Maybe they found something. Travel light, travel fast, and please, bring hope back.”

Qiao nodded and waved to her comrades to leave the tent. “We travel south of the river Mirar, through the crags. The last we heard from the heroes, they were heading into the Lurkwood, so we start there.” Everyone nodded, “Does anyone need any supplies?” the group shook their heads. “Then we ride out.”

They rode out, travelling at pace South of the river heading East towards the Crags. A set of mountains that spread between the Neverwinter Woods and the Lurkwood. It was almost 100 miles to the Crags, and no one was holding out reservations of Blackford holding out long enough for them to get back with aid. This was about more than one community; this was about stopping the war.

It was the fourth night, the ground had risen steeply during the day, and they had made camp where the Crags rose sharply. The following morning they would make the long trip up and through the mountains.

Himo was the first to notice. She stiffened enough that Qiao saw. Quietly Qiao asked, “What is it?”

Himo looked towards her, smiling, it was a fake smile, and Qiao guessed what she was about to say. “We are not alone.”

Qiao nodded as Malark and Nemeia reached, as subtly as they could, to their weapons.

“Fear not,” came a throaty voice. “I mean you no harm.” The group, almost as one, rose and turned in the direction of the voice. There at the edge of the firelight, stood a tall figure, heavily robed. “I and Gaintyn, and I need your help.”

The figure stepped closer, and everyone tensed. Its skin was taught against the bones of its face. A desiccated figure, an undead.

As the group reacted, pulling weapons and springing into action, Gaityn whispered words before saying. “Stop.”

Marlak, Nemeia and Himo all stopped instantly. Qiao felt the against her will, and her motions slowed but didn’t stop. She managed two more steps towards the newcomer before he waved his hands and raised a wall of crackling fire between them. “Please, stop. I could have just as easily brought this wall up through the middle of your camp. I am here in peace to help you stop Orcus.”

Qiao shied away from the fire as she thought about what it had said. Indeed, he could have raised the wall of fire anywhere near him. Through the camp, severely burning her and her companions.

If you want to support me and see me write more, please visit http://patreon.com/Dearborne_Erotic_Literature

Does she hear him out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)