More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by darkmagi2 darkmagi2

How does her journey begin?

To a cave in the east

Although Gwen had dedicated her life to training and could defeat almost any of the other knights in a sparring match, she has little real life battle experience. She knows that in a life or situation, anything goes, and there are many monsters that use dirty tactics.

Last night, someone had slipped a bounty notice under her door. There was a 500 gold reward for the eyes of a king slime in the cave to the east. Slimes? Gwen thinks to herself. Aren't they like the weakest monsters? This should be a cakewalk. I can get some experience and loot to upgrade my equipment.

And so, Gwen makes the short, uneventful trek to the cave. As soon as she enters, two blue slimes move (slither? crawl?) slowly towards her. She easily slices them in half with a swing of her sword, and travels deeper into the cave. A green slime approaches her, and Gwen dispatches it in a similar fashion. Afterwards, however, her blade starts sizzling and melting, and she quickly drops it. "What the hell?" Gwen exclaims.

Two more green slimes, about the size of her head drop down from the ceiling, landing on her. Immediately, she hears a hissing sound as her breastplate starts melting. Frantically, Gwen grabs them and tries to pull them off. Her gauntlets quickly disintegrate, but there doesn't seem to be any effect on her bare skin. However, slimes are notoriously... slimy. She's only able to rip off small chunks at a time with her bare hands, and isn't nearly fast enough to stop them from completely destroying her armor. Two more slimes latch onto her legs. Screaming, Gwen tries to kick them off, before falling to the ground and rolling around, but it's useless. Soon, she is laying on the hard rocky ground completely naked, a few leather straps all that remains of her armor.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)