More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 6 by reader230 reader230

Do you take her advice and escape?

Time to run!

You both dress quickly. As you throw on your traveling clothes you look back to see Alexa throwing a cheap cloak on over her dress.

You quickly grab the dagger you hid under the bed and head towards the door, but Alexa grabs your arm.

"Not that way John!" she whispers. "There are at least four guards outside."

"Damn… there's is no way I will beat them with this simple dagger...!" Looking over at her in confusion you ask, "Then how the hell are we getting out of here?!"

Placing her hand on your cheek she says softly, "When my bodyguard Thomas was still alive he showed me the secret passages throughout the castle.” Smirking she continues, “Watch this…"

She steps over to a bust of our father and when she pushes in on his nose, you hear a barely audible click and a section of the wall swings open, revealing a dark tunnel. As you dart inside the passageway, she pulls a lever and the entryway closes.

She lights a torch on the wall as you cough from the dust the door kicked up. You ask "Where does this tunnel lead?”

“It will take us to the stables just outside of the castle walls… from there we can make our escape....”

Hastening through the dark tunnel, you can hear rats screeching around your feet and water dripping from above. As you near the exit, Alexa asks, “Where shall we run to?”

“We should go to Lord Richards Manor.” you reply. “It’s only a two days ride and he has few hundred men at arms. He is a good man and since he's married to our sister Erika I trust he will provide us with some protection while we plan our next move.”

“Shhh!!! Here we are...” Alexa whispers as we reach a small iron gate.

The rusty gate creaks open as you slowly swing it open. Alexa douses the torch and you both slowly creep over to the stables. Luckily for you two the royal guard watching the stables was passed out drunk and the stable master had gone home.

As you quietly took care of the drunken guard, Alexa readied two horses for our journey ahead. You strap the guard’s sword to your waist and give Alexa your dagger. Dressed in commoners clothing, you take off into the night so you don't attract attention.

You ride away from the castle, using the cover of darkness to mask your movements.... You traveled past the outlying towns and across the rural country side with speed and relative ease.

"Look John!" Alexa shouts out as she sees the glow of town lights over the next hill. "Should we stop there or press on?"

You look over the hill and consider it. With day breaking it would be harder to remain unnoticed... then again you weren't far from Richard's castle...

What do you decide?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)