More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by TheScyle TheScyle

John got out and went to his first class of the day.

Time to find some answers [TheScyle]

Hi, TheDespaxas here!
The following branch is from guest author TheScyle, its storyline, characters and mechanisms might differ from the main storyline but it is very good, so enjoy! And good reading!

His literature class with Mrs Flung was the epitome of boredom. The 60 year old teacher rambled for hours on the various stylistic elements of old books. John was smart enough and had a good enough memory to get a perfect grade in this class but the lessons in themselves were an hour he usually reserved to ogling at the sexy girls in his class.

Not so today, though. With an event like the skills he just achieved, some minutes of quiet time were just what he needed. Time to think about this. Time to figure things out. It was time to think about his future. He chuckled, realizing how this sounded like a bad ad campaign for adventurers.

'Are you uncertain which class to pick? Did your friends mock you for your distribution in skill points? Are your abilities not as usefull as they used to be? Join us at "Azeroth adventurer councelling" to find out where your future will take you.'

He stopped that thought right after, not wanting to differ any more. But the main question remained. Which class would he pick? Sure, there were not really classes, but he had played enough RPGs to know how to distribute points to achieve certain class stats. But this wasn't an RPG. This was real life. Where was the use in having two million mana or strength. There were no earth threatening monsters that only he could stop.

Usually, his favourite class was the Mage, followed by the Hunter. Both classes had a similar playing style, staying on distance, out of danger, yet powerfull enough to obliterate the enemy. In real life, however, he would go with a class he rarely ever had touched. The Face of each group. A slide. Charme and Charisma based skills. Since this was a stat, maybe also Libido increasing ones, while at the same time having some rogue-ish abilities.

But there was a problem. Well, two to be precise, but he wanted to focus on the first now. Based on what he had experienced so far, he only gained skill by doing whatever the skill was for himself. So to gain Charisma skills he would have to do charismatic things. And that is where the second problem came in. His charisma was his lowest stat with a depressing 5.

He decided to gather some information in his class and used Observe on the few girls who weren't in the bus with him. The girl he had the best relationship with was Anna Klein and he was at - 20. Vanessa was at - 120, Frank was at - 178. He would have to be careful about that, this reputation system was not only based on sexual attraction and having his bully at such a low score didn't bode well for his future.

Anna Klein seemed like a fine subject. Sure, he still was in the negative with her, but if he tried and failed, it wouldn't end as devastating as with some of the other girls. He started simply with a smile.

John felt like a creep, looking at Anna, smiling the entire time, trying to look nice. Even worse, she didn't notice him for some minutes. Then finally she looked in his direction and saw him smile. It was the hardest thing not to look away or stop smiling. Truth be told, John would have rather done a 'no estus run' on Dark Souls again than to look at Anna for one more second.

Then something magical happened. She smiled back. Only for a second, but she did, before turning away to the board again. He did it. Somehow he managed to have social interaction. And it wasn't even that hard!

New skill : Smile, passive, Level 1

Smile : Smiling at other people makes them more likely to interact with you in a friendly manner. While smiling people have a temporarily increased relationship value towards you by 6. The bonus scales with your Charisma and the skills Level.

Note: If used on multiple targets at once, the effect is divided by them.

Note: This skill can not increase the relationship value above the value of your Charisma stat (currently +5)

Note: This skill is only one time effective per person every six hours. Using it more frequently will have no effect.

That was exactly what he had hoped for, something to train. And it was an awesome skill. Not really usefull, but perfect to train. It had no mana cost, obviously, since it was made for a non magic class. Also the cooldown was target exclusive, so he could use it on anybody. Leveling this up would be a piece of cake.

John smiled again, not only for the skill, but because he was genuinly happy with the result he had gotten.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)