More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by I_Love_Cats I_Love_Cats

What's next?

The world of VTubers?!

You opened your eyes as you looked around, finding yourself exactly as you were at the moment you pressed that button.

"D...Did it work?" You asked yourself, brows furrowing in thought as confusion overtook your expression. "Nothing seems to be any more different than before..." You mused, feeling somewhat disappointed at the lack of any change as far as you know; the world felt the exact same as it did beforehand. "Then again, I wasn't trying to change myself...not yet at least... Alright! There's only one way to find out!" You then, by pure instinct, shifted into your ghost form and flew out of your house, heading high into the clear blue sky.

"Haha~! Well, at least THAT proves I wasn't going crazy or anything! Had me worried for a second..." You laughed, relieved that the button actually worked and that you were actually granted such power, in addition to others. "Alright, first stop...JAPAN~!" You grinned as you blasted off towards the island nation at an incredible speed, reaching your destination within minutes, and as you stopped high above the country, looking down in awe, you headed down, ready to confirm whether the world you desired actually turned into a reality.

"Oh..." Your eyes widened in amazement as your eyes flitted every which way, observing every individual that passed by before opening up your phone, heading into YouTube, and popped into a livestream. "Well...I'll be damned...haha..." You let out quite the crazed sounding laugh which, thankfully due to your given power, nobody could hear you or see you. On the screen, you were viewing one of your favorite Vtubers who was currently streaming some random game, except, there was a rather blatant difference staring you in the face. As with every Vtuber or Virtual Youtuber, they were simply not real beings, but rather a person behind a screen using a 2D model with face-tracking software. However, the button did what you thought was impossible, instead of the, at times, silly 2D models, the motions, the facial expressions, the way the mouth moves, the reactions, every last bit of detail, all of it, was far too advanced for any model to emulate properly as technology was simply not at that level yet. Yes, they were no longer just models on a screen, they have become actual living entities. You flipped to another Vtuber livestream, then another, and yet another, going through dozens in moments as your feelings of excitement grew with each one viewed.

"They're...real..." You smiled, continuing to watch one last livestream for a few more moments as you soaked in this revelation you've been hit with. "I can't believe this is happening...haha~!" You began to freak out in quite an unsightly manner, kicking and punching the air with energetic happiness. "I actually MADE them real!!! Well, the button did, but I pressed it~!" You grinned like an excited kid that just got an A on his exam. "THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING~!!! WOOOHOO!!!!" You screamed out loud as you marveled over this discovery for a while longer.

After doing just that, you very slowly began to calm yourself down. "Hehehe....Hehe...~" You couldn't help but feel very accomplished, however. "Alright man, gotta calm yourself down, deep breaths...in...out...in...out." You did some brief breathing exercises and successfully calmed yourself down. "Now then...what was that other benefit..." You quickly thought back to the note that accompanied your gift.

"...Possession...? The power to possess bodies...huh..." You gulped as you already had numerous ideas on how to use said power to fulfill a number of your own personal desires. "Mmm...it WOULD be a shame if I didn't get to at least try it out..." You mumbled to yourself as you thought about how you would go about it, and who you would use it on first. "I could just possess a random civilian...but...that just seems too boring...nah...this HAS to be special~!" Just then, your phone buzzed, a notification popping up about an upcoming livestream later in the week by one of your favorite Vtuber streamers.

"..." You mulled it over again and again, your morals conflicting with what you actually want to do, getting lost in thought before, finally, you eventually came to the obvious conclusion. "Yeah...she'll do for my first...~" A rather predatory smirk slowly overtook your face as you began to plan for the first test of your power, flying off in the direction of your target, your mind made up.

Who are you going for?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)