More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by I_Love_Cats I_Love_Cats

What's next?

The world of Azur Lane.

"U-Ugh!" You grunt and close your eyes as your vision is suddenly flooded by a blinding light. "I should've brought my sunglasses first..." You mumbled annoyedly to yourself as your eyes slowly adjust themselves and get used to the sudden shift in scenery and lighting. "There we go...all adjusted now. Sheesh...gotta make a mental note for this next time I go somewhere new. Always bring sunglasses." You soon sighed as your observed your surroundings. "Wow...I've only ever been to the ocean a couple times as a kid during cruises...but man...even the sights on those trips can't even compare..." You stare out at the vast ocean blue all around you, the pristine waters brimming with life, despite you knowing what exactly is going on in the wider world.

"Heh...I could appreciate the beautiful scenery forever...~" You smiled and closed your eyes and simply flew forward. You felt at peace for the moment and simply wanted to appreciate it. After a while, however, you were shaken out of your thoughts as you soon began to hear the sounds of battle happening relatively nearby. Curiosity and a sense of danger heightened, you slowly turned towards the direction of the battle.

"...Alright, I think it's time to confirm one more thing...because while all things point to it being true...I need to see this myself..." You take a deep breath and began to fly in the direction of the battle. As you approached, the sounds of naval warfare became more and more clear, as did the signs. What once was a clear ocean, you could now begin to see the wreckages of warships strewn about the area, oil and chunks of twisted, destroyed metal staining the very surface of the water. "..." You gulp as you look forward. What you see makes your heart skip a beat. What you see in front of you are girls. More importantly though, girls with warship riggings. "...So I really am here..." You quietly muttered as you looked on at the group of girls, each with riggings that resemble those of ww2 class ships. From destroyers to light and heavy cruisers, to even Battleships/Battlecruisers and Carriers.

"...The world of Azur Lane, huh...then those girls..." Your lips trembled at the sight playing out before you. "They seem to be from the Royal Navy and Eagle Union...and their opponents are..." Your view switched from the HMS and USS ship-girls to their opponents. "...The Sirens." You looked on with anxious anticipation as you saw the Sirens, who eerily resembled human girls as well, with the exception of their more alien/aquatic based riggings and the strange parts of them that seem to glow yellow, such as their eyes, rigging, and overall style.

"I guess it's the mass produced models this time for the Sirens...well...except for the one who's leading them..." You commentated. Not really sure what else to do as you doubted your chances of surviving if you possessed anyone during this intense skirmish. "Yeah...I'd rather wait...I don't wanna fight against Purifier of all Sirens...too crazy and unpredictable." You shivered at the fought of fighting that sadistic Siren. Instead, you opted to watch the battle play out.

It was indeed a hard fought battle as you could tell, watching shells rain down on the Siren positions as the Sirens themselves unleashed barrage after barrage of their own shells at the shipgirls, who desperately evaded, while Purifier opted to use lasers and plasma blasts to fight the opposition. You actually couldn't tell who would end up winning, but after what seemed to be forever, a few lucky shots from some of the Battleships ended up annihilating the Siren's backline, immensely freeing up pressure for the frontliners, who were being harassed by that backline. The additional bonus resulted in the entire Siren battleline disintegrating shortly afterwards, Purifier being particularly pissed off and proud at the resulting battle as she spouted curse words at the group while retreating posthaste towards a portal that had formed. However, the creepiest part happened right after she reached the portal. Before Purifier entered, she suddenly stopped as you immediately felt a chill crawl up your spine. "W-What the...this feeling..." You looked up and even from such a far distance, you could tell...you could tell she had turned your way and was looking in your direction. Even so, not a moment too soon, Purifier left with the remnants of her fleet.

"That...That was disturbing..." You shook your head as you saw the Allied shipgirls letting out a chorus of cheers at their victory as they divided into teams to help the injured/critically wounded. Soon, after helping out as much of their comrades as they could, the began to move in a certain direction. "Okay! Time to follow them! If I'm right...we're heading back to the naval base." You guessed and it was a guess that proved correct. "Ah...wowww! This place is a lot bigger than I imagined!" You flew around the massive naval base, where numerous ship-girls from many different factions were stationed at for the purpose of rapid deployment and security for the region. "Woaah..." You could only continue to gawk in awe as you watched everything from above. That is, until you remembered what you are actually capable of. "Alright! That's enough gawking around! It's time to figure out what do and who to take over!" You nodded furiously as you began to plan your new adventure.

Where do you go first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)