More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lightsky lightsky

Where does Luke’s story begin?

The swamp planet of Dagobah

Crash!

Luke Skywalker muttered an expletive as his ship collided halfway into a swamp. In rage, he tore off his gloves and tossed them aside into the cockpit. It wouldn't be long now until the water would start filtering its way into the broken down X-Wing - he had to move and fast. "Artoo, we got to get out of here," he huffed, climbing out of the vessel and placing his hand affectionately on his droid. The machine beeped and whistled at him, cooing at him playfully like a child. The youth shrugged and took a deep breath before plunging himself into the warm and muddy depths below.

He swam to the surface and his droid soon followed. His pilot gear was nearly completely ruined, drenched in dirt and torn apart here and there, hardly representing the distinguished fleet of Rogue Squadron. "Wedge is going to kill me," muttered Luke, pulling off his helmet and sighing as he took in this strange new planet. The cries of distant animals filled the forest with sound and menacing vibrations beneath the water made Skywalker happy that he was on land. "If we ever make it back to them in one piece."

The youth began to desperately wipe off the mud that stained his uniform. Artoo chirped at him as the machine began strolling along ahead, curious as to what they might find on this damp planet. "Now, hold on just a second, Artoo," Luke snapped, running to keep up with his miniature companion; though it wasn't as if Luke could really lose track of him, not with those even lines caked into the dirt. "I guess if we had to crash land anywhere in the galaxy, I'd take this place over Hoth any day."

Artoo whistled at him in agreement.

"Still, there is something familiar about this place," Luke said finally, sitting down on a tree stump. He looked around at the broken vines that decorated the top of the forest, trying his hardest to make out even the faintest glimmer of light to no avail. Not only was it familiar, there was also something about the marsh planet that was equally mysterious. "But what do I know? I don't even really know what we are doing here. Oh, Artoo. Maybe I am just crazy."

Not even a second later, the droid began shooting out leftover water and mud. Luke took that as a response to his last statement - great, even the droid thinks I'm mad. He collapsed his hands into his hair and wondered what he should do next. Moping wasn't going to solve anything and he still had to collect his gear from the X-Wing before it sank; he sensed night was coming soon and they would both be in a real disaster if they didn't set up camp soon.

"We should really get going, Artoo."

What happens at Dagobah?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)